S1, EP 4: Kanna Goes to School!

We open up to see Kanna watching a large group of school children, from the balcony of the apartment, passing by the apartment. She looks on in wonder as they pass by. Ben watches Kanna as he sits at the table, drinking some coffee.

Ben: "She's been watching school children a lot lately. Do you think she wants to go?"

Tohru: "Who, Kanna? Yes, I would assume so." She continues to clean some dishes. "It's only natural after all. Eventually every dragon wrestles with ideas like death. How cute."

Ben: "Uh, what are you talking about?"

Tohru: "Kanna's journey to eliminate humanity?"

Ben: "What, no! I meant that she might want to go to school."

Tohru: "Oh, right! I see stuff about school on the internet all the time."

Ben: "Really? Sure got a hold of you quickly." He takes a sip of coffee. 'Hopefully she hasn't seen any bad stuff on there.'

Ben looks over at Kanna again, and decides to get up. He walks up to the balcony door.

Ben: "Hey Kanna."

Kanna: "Hmm." She turns around and approaches Ben. "Hey Ben. Did you need something?"

Ben: "No, but I was wondering something. Do you want to go to school?"

Kanna's face shifts into one of surprise, and happiness.

=============================================================================================

We see Ben, Tohru, and Kanna going into the shopping district. Kanna is pulling on Ben's sleeve, trying to make him hurry. But Ben doesn't move any faster, and just looks at a list of school supplies in his hand.

Kanna: "Ben! Come on, hurry up!"

Tohru: "Kanna, stop. You should treat Mister Tennyson with more respect."

Ben: "I think I'm starting to feel how my parents felt when I needed stuff for school. I don't understand why you need so much."

Tohru: "There's nothing to understand once you recognize the obvious conspiracy between the schools and the manufacturer." She says with a sly grin. "Total conspiracy."

Ben: "That is very doubtful, Tohru."

Tohru: "Not according to the internet!"

Ben: 'Oh great. She found the conspiracy side of the internet.' "Okay, let's pick up the basic stuff first."

Tohru & Kanna: "Okay!"

=============================================================================================

They show up at, and go inside of, a very bland looking store. An older woman is in charge of the place, and greets them when they come in. Ben starts looking around and grabs some of the items that are on the list. However, Kanna isn't too happy with these particular items. There's even a gloomy aura around her.

Ben: "Man, I remember how much I dreaded Back-To-School shopping when I was younger. I'm just glad you're enthusiastic about school, Kanna."

Kanna: "No."

Ben: "Eh? What do you mean "no"?"

Kanna: "They're not very cute."

Ben: "What?"

Tohru: "Well, Mister Tennyson, you're so clueless." Ben turns to her. "Don't worry about it though. I've got this."

=============================================================================================