painted skies.

im really pushing it tonight.

im meeting sunny at the park with 45 minutes til curfew.

when i pulled up and saw her smiling at me in her car, all my worries washed away.

she waved me on over to get in her car.

i got in the passenger seat as she turned the music down.

"zach bryan?"

"something in the orange tells me were not done." she sang and laughed.

she has on light pink color crop top with matching high waisted shorts.

i took a deep breath and let it out.

"are okay?"

"yeah." i nodded.

"you worried we will get caught?"

"yeah." i confessed. "i just-i just met your dad and i really feel like im going to get offers if i stay here in dalhart, so i cant get on your dads bad side."

"hayes, ive seen film. you're literally the best on the team!"

i smirked.

"you watch film?"

"yeah." she smiled. "thats what i watch sometimes while i paint downstairs."

"oh."

"what, you like that i watch you?" she asked, smirking.

"i like watching you paint." i admitted.

she pushed her chair back and stretched her legs across the center console and rested her feet on the dash.

i dont have a feet fetish but her toes are painted in a light pink color that looks good on her.

"so tell me about you." i said. "you're very interesting to me."

she laughed so unlady like but i love it.

"what would you like to know?"

"your life seem like everything to me." i said.

"my life? dude your literally 17, living hours away from home playing the sport you love and you look at my life and say its better?" she questioned.

"i mean the way you live your life but i dont know, you seem like you have a perfect life." i said.

"no my parents had me at when they were 15, so they're super strict over dating & being with boys, especially my dads players."

"yeah, i would get in a lot of trouble if he found out i was here."

"i would too. they think im talking pictures of the sunset to paint, i mean i did, i do it a lot. delta tried to come with me." she explained.

"whos delta?"

"my sister. did my dad not say anything about her?" she asked.

"no."

"i have 4 younger siblings. delta is 7, crew is 6, stella is 5, & nova is 3."

"oh, do you like being the oldest?"

she shook her head.

"no. delly & i are 10 years apart. i feel like babysitter majority of the time and the younger 4 are my parents pride & joy. its like they don't want anyone knowing that they had me at such a young age. do you have any siblings?"

my heart sank, i hate this question for some reason.

"no, im an only child."

"oh, whats that like?"