Chapter 5- Dinner

*Susan's pov*

Whilst I got ready for the Loskis dinner party, I found myself staring at the painting my father made me. I marched out of my room to tell my mother that  I didn't want to go but I could see how important this was to her and I didn't want to ruin this night for especially after she went to lots of trouble baking pies. I took one of my mothers pies as we walked over to the Loskis. I wore a knee length red and white floral dress, golden jewlery and an old friendship bracelet Bryce made me when we were 9. Athough I was mad at him, I still wore it. I just hoped he wouldn't see it.

*Bryce's pov*

I wanted to look good for Suzie. But I didn't want her to think that I wanted to look good for her. When I heard my mother calling from downstairs, I imedietly rushed down the stairs and I saw her. The way her hair perfectly fell over her shoulders, how her dress perfectly hugged her curves and then I saw it. The friendship bracelet I made her, I can't believe she still has it.

"Lynetta, Steven companies here!" my mother shouted. Suddenly my sister and father appered and greeted everyone. Juli and Mrs Baker dissapered into the kitchen and I pulled Suzie aside.

"Hey, you look really nice today." I said.

"Thanks." she said not making eye contact with me.

"I can't believe you still have that bracelet." I said gesturing to her arm.

"I heard you and Garrett making fun of my uncle earlier and I don't want to talk to you. Not now, not ever." she said, I was taken aback. How did she hear my converstation? She walked over to her father who was talking to mine about something to do with science.

"It would require a perpetual-motion machine, so it's not possible." her father stated.

"Well if you had two opposite charged poles with a neutral conductor.." she started. Perpetual motion? I was dying inside and she was talking about perpetual motion and how did she know this stuff anyways.

"Dinners ready everyone." my mother called.

"Suzie can I talk to you?" I asked. "It was wrong what Garrett said. I know it."

"Did you know it was wrong when he said it?"

"Yeah, I wanted to punch him. But we were in a library."

"So intead you just agreed with him and laughed."

"Yeah."

"Then that makes you a coward." she said as she turned and walked to the table.

*Susan's pov*

At dinner I realised that we were sharing a meal with a bunch of strangers, except for Chet and Bryce, I didn't know any of these people. The night was a blur, uninteresting conversation, but good food. By the end of the evening Bryce and I had talked a bit, but it wasn't the same no butterflies, no fireworks, nothing. I went to bed that night feeling good as I no longer had to care for Bryce Loski.