Chapter 1

Present Day
June, 2, 2023

Karina's point of view

I'm getting ready for my graduation. I'm so nervous. I have to say the opening speech and that not all I am the salutatorian. And to make matters worse my sister was salutatorian last year so people will be comparing mine with hers like they always do.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'm in the school where we are going to graduate. I am wearing a wine colored dress that is short from the front and long in the back and that show a bit of cleavage (good thing I'm wearing the gown now are else I'll get dress codes by the bitchy teachers that dress code us for wearing a crop top) I'm also wearing a black heels, a gold necklace and gold earrings, light makeup. I straighten my hair. My cap is already on ( I decorated it for it to say "it seems impossible until it's done")

I'm waiting for my bestfriend to get here 'God she take a forever to get to place when it's important' we have been friend for 2 years now and the funny thing is that we new of each other for so long but we never talked because we were never in the same class but we still knew all the gossip about each other. I was jump out of my thoughts by to hands hitting both of my shoulders and a "hey" when I turned around I saw my best friend Naomy.

"Fuck why!" I told her

"Awe did I scare you" she told me in her baby voice.

"What fuck do you think I'm so fucking nervous" I told her a bit angrily

"Why, your speech is amazing?" She said confused

"Because of all the people that are going to be staring at me and it's the first speech if the ceremony SHIT what if I start stuttering or I star-" she cut me of but putting a hand on my shoulder and saying.

"KARINA breath your going to be find ok trust me" She said in a reassuring tone

"What would I do without you"

"You would be probably having a panic attack right now and you would still be friends with Jorgey"

"Your probably right, I can't believe I was ever friends with him" I said I used to be friends with jorgey until something happened in December and because of that i stop being his friend and now I hate him.

"You now what I can't believe?" She asked with a smirk on her face.

"What?"

"That you ever liked and still like Ethan and you dated him 5th grade." She said with the smirk still one her face.

I froze there for a sec when she said that and blushed a little (good thing for the makeup or else she would of noticed) Then I was about to say something back until someone said something from behind me.

"You like who?"

I am shocked to say the least that some was here our conversation so I turn around to see who it was and it had to be Ethan that heard our conversation. 'Shit' "hey Ethan"

"Hey Karina, so what were you and Naomy talking about?"

I look at Naomy and gave her a death stare and she mouth 'sorry'. I look back at Ethan and I was thinking of something to say to him (because I can not tell him the truth)

"What were you and Naomy talking about?" He said again

"Were you eavesdropping on our conversation" I told him

I saw him blush but did not think anything of it. He was about to say something, then to make matters worse someone else showed up....Jorgey.

"Hey Karina" he said

"What do want. Trying to get me in trouble before I graduate." I said bitterly.

"Look Karina, I know we will never be friends again but today is out graduation so can we try to be civil" he said

I rolled my eye when he said that because who does he think he is he can't just come up to me and say that to me when it's his fault that we are no longer friends he was the one who started this not me.

"I'm always civil Jorgey so just leave me the fuck alone I have more important things to worry about than you." I said I bit frustrated.

Jorgey was about to say something when the teacher called us to get in our line and to congratulate us (good thing to who knows what I would of said if he continued to say something else to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The ceremony is almost over I said my speech and it went great I thought I would be nervous but I wasn't. I felt like I been up there hundreds of times. They gave the award I did not get anything but the best part of it what when I saw Jorgey's face when he didn't get an award either. Now it is the final part moving the cord from right to left to show that we graduated.

"Congratulations you all have Graduated!" One of the teachers said.

We were all ready to leave to go get our diplomas when bodyguards came in. They made a path and what people were more shocked about was not the bodyguards. It was the person who was coming in last..... The King.