𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖔

꧁༺ 𝐆𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐨𝐨𝐧 ༻꧂

{Alex's POV}
"D-Do you suppose.. that was a.. a true story, Alex?" I heard Y/n question, as she and I strolled onwards. I stopped walking, which caused her to do the same. "The oyster story?" I asked.

Y/n nodded, with a little frown. I could tell she felt sorrow, for those poor little oysters. I did, too. It's quite a tragic story, after all. It very well could be a true story, so I decided not to tell Y/n that. It would have only made her feel much worse.

"I should think not. Who could do such a dreadful thing, really?" I tried to assure Y/n, then gave her hand a comforting squeeze. She smiled at me and nodded, so I responded by doing the same to her.

Through the forest did Y/n and I keep walking, until we saw the sun showing us a small cottage just ahead of us. It had a roof of what looked like straw, a pink wooden door and a small stone fence around it with a wooden gate. "Now I wonder who lives here." I pondered, as Y/n and I approached it.

"Mary Ann! Drat that girl. Where did she put 'em? Mary Ann!" A voice called, from within the cottage. The roof windows opened, and I could see the white rabbit. "The rabbit!" Y/n and I identified.

"Mary Ann! No use, can't wait! I'm awfully late! Oh me, oh my, oh me, oh my!" The white rabbit said, as I opened the cottage door. The white rabbit immediately rushed out. "Excuse me sir, but.. but we've been trying to-" I informed the white rabbit, who immediately glared at Y/n. "Why, Mary Ann! What are you doing out here?" He questioned. "Mary Ann?" Y/n and I asked, confused. He thought Y/n was Mary Ann? Who on earth was that?

"Don't just do something! Stand there! Uh.. no, no! Go, go! Go get my gloves! I'm late!" The white rabbit demanded, as he waved his good pocket watch in Y/n's face. My confusion turned to annoyance, as I didn't care for Y/n being treated so rudely. "But late for what? That's just-" She tried to explain. "My gloves!" The white rabbit insisted.

I glared at the white rabbit at once, for being so impolite to Y/n. "Now, see here-" I scolded, as I crossed his arms. The white rabbit ignored me, whilst he decided to blow a loud trumpet in my best friend's face. "At once, do you hear!" He told her, then frantically ushered her into the cottage.

Y/n uncovered her ears, since she was startled by the trumpet. "It's all right, Alex. I'll just.. find these gloves." I heard her sigh. I certainly wasn't about to let Y/n go inside all by herself, so I followed her into the cottage. "Goodness. I suppose she'll be taking orders from Dinah next(!)" I joked, before I reached the cottage's bedroom at the top of the staircase.

"Did you find them?" I asked Y/n, who was busy searching a desk drawer. She shook her head, but we did discover a small tin with several cookies inside. Each of the cookies said 'Eat me'.

With smiles, Y/n and I each grabbed a cookie from the tin. "Oh! Thank you." Y/n said, before she and I took bites of our cookies. However, much to our surprise, the cookies we ate were the same as before - the kind that make us both grow giant.

"Oh no, no! Not again!" I groaned, as Y/n and I started to fill the entire bedroom. We were uncomfortably stuck in the house. My right leg and right arm stuck out of the right side of the house, while Y/n's left arm and left leg stuck out of the left side. "Hmph! Oh, dear!" I remarked, then heard the white rabbit scamper back. "Monsters! Monsters, Dodo! In my house, Dodo!" I heard him exclaim.

"Oh might, poor little bitty house.." I heard the white rabbit panic. "Uh, steady old chap. Can't be as bad as all that you know." I heard the dodo try to assure him. I managed to open the cottage roof window, so Y/n and I could see what was going on.