chapter 3: tea

Enjolras ran a hand through his hair and groaned. The revolution was nearing and the stress was mounting. The buzz of excitement he caught when giving speeches to rally his comrades always wore off around this time. He was nervous, although he'd never admit it. He was scared for his friends.
Enjolras grabbed the old teapot made himself a cup of tea. It always soothed his nerves.
At the moment he tested the temperature of the water, Courfeyrac walked in and grabbed his shoulders.
"Calm down." He said, a serious expression across his face.
"I am." Enjolras replied steadily.
"You're sloshing the tea around." Courfeyrac replied. He extracted the mug from his grip and set it down.
Comfortable. Awkward. Odd. Old. Timeless. That is what friendship felt like to Enjolras.
Courfeyrac gave Enjolras' cheek a pat and took a seat at the table. Enjolras followed suit.
"Be careful with the painter. You might lose your heart to the thief." Courfeyrac winked and slouched down before falling asleep.
"No." Enjolras sighed looked at his friend. The centre. He could sleep anywhere at any time. Enjolras covered him with a blanket and tried to finish his tea, but nothing could calm his heart. And he was beginning to think there was a different reason for the racing.

A.N. hello! This was a short chapter...sorry :/ but you'll get a longer one soon! However I need your help.
•••
Would you rather it be about Grantaire or Enjolras? Let me know in the comments. Your wish is my command. Thank you for reading! :)