Part 2

Flintfang pricked his ears and got to his paws.
What was that?
A soft wailing was coming out of a small hollow between bushes.
He quickened his pace, as a strong stench of blood filled his nose.
No, no, no! He yelped with terror, as he reached the place.
Down, under his paws lay a small body of Badgerpaw. His fur was soaked with blood, making him look even slimmer. His limbs were twisted in strange angels. His pelt was missing huge spots of fur and his whole body was torn by almost countless claws.
The only movement he made was a slight shiver, as he tried to breathe.
Flintfang froze with horror and felt as if cold water filled his body.
"Oh, Starclan!" he gasped, his voice shaking.
"F- Flintfang, is that you?"
Badgerpaw's mew wasn't more than a whisper. He tried to lift his head, but then, with a painful wail, he fell back.
Flintfang sprang to him: "Hey! Don't move Badgerpaw, it's going to be ok. I will fetch Sagepelt and you will be better in no time!"
Badgerpaw continued as if he haven't heard: "Did I do well? Will Bokenstar be proud of me?"
Flintfang looked at him seeing how wrecked he looked. Tears filled his eyes as he meowed: "Yes, yes you did well little warrior."
"You may choose your name." An older warrior announced. Badgerpaw's eyes sparkled when he whined: "I want to be Badgerfang like you!"
Flintfang's pain had mixed with pride, as he spoke:
"I warrior of Shadowclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him to you as a warrior to his turn."
He struggled to stop his voice from trembling. And then he continued:
"Badgerpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and live to protect and defend your clan even at the cost of your life?"
"I do!" Badgerpaw spoke with confidence.
"Then by the power of Starclan, I give you your warrior name.
From this moment you shell be known as Badgerfang.
Starclan honors your loyalty and your unbreakable spirit!"
The last words echoed in the clearing.
Badgerfang rasped his tongue on the standing cat's shoulder and then the spark in his eyes faded away, as his spirit left his body.