Runaway 9 (II)

Your POV

     I waited in the seating area of the tavern with the mysterious girl. Meliodas was in one of the bedrooms with Hawk patching up the cloaked man. To be honest it was a little awkward sitting, just sitting in silence.

      "So...what happened back there with that red-clothed guy," I asked while bringing out leftovers from my earlier meal. I placed a plate of food in front of her before placing my own then waited patiently for her response.

      She looked reluctant to spill information before she eventually explained, "Sir Gervais and I were walking through the town. He wanted to gather something for one of his potions. He bumped into that man from earlier accidentally causing some dirt to splatter on the cuff of the red-clothed man's pants. We tried to apologies...anyway you know the rest." Wow, what a douche.

      "I'll go check on him..." the girl said after quickly finishing her food. As she stood up her long cloak caused her to trip which resulted in the now empty plate to shatter on the floor.

      "Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry!" the girl exclaimed while frantically picking up the broken pieces of glass.

      I crouched down to help her pick up the pieces, "It's fine the plates are pretty cheap anyway. Are you okay though your hand seems to be bleeding."

      Suddenly, I felt that same feeling I felt when I came in contact with Meliodas' blood. I quickly retreated my hand away from the women. I looked up to see if she felt it too. The cloaked girl continued to pick up the scattered pieces seemingly unfazed. Before making eye contact with me. I quickly broke the contact, as I picked up little shards of the plate.

      Meliodas came thumping down the stairs breaking my train of thought.

      "He's in stable condition now. You can go check up on him," Meliodas informed.

      "Thank you so much for everything," the cloaked women smiled before throwing away the shards of glass into the trash. The girl ran upstairs to check on the cloaked man.

      Meliodas and I sat in awkward silence for an uncomfortably long amount of time before he broke the silence.

      "Sorry about not stepping in earlier, I genuinely thought you could handle him," Meliodas explained. I couldn't tell if that explanation was genuine, an insult, a joke, or all of the above.

      "Wow, thanks," I grumbled sarcastically.

      Meliodas swung himself off a stool before brushing a few chunks of hair away from my wound, "But seriously...are you okay." I don't know why but when Meliodas gets like this, like he starts acting serious it makes me feel uncomfortable.

      My face grew hot before I responded, "No! Yeah...my heads fine it's all healed up!"

      "That fast huh..." He commented. I never really had the time to slow down to consider how fast my bleeding wound closed up. I decided not to get into it for now and move onto a different subject.

      "On the topic of me being weak. How about you teach me how to fight? We're looking for the Seven Deadly Sin members were bound to bump into some unwanted trouble," I asked.

      Meliodas quickly retrieved his hand before laughing,"Haha! I guess your right we can start training to-"

      Just then the cloaked women came back from upstairs, Ban bursted in through the door with a new wardrobe, and Diane returned from hunting. Wow, talk about timing.

      "I'm back~ Who missed me," Ban grinned before putting on his signature apron.

      "Who would miss you," Diane sneered before plopping two chickens and a dozen of fish on the tavern floor.

      Ban whipped out a skillet before teasing,"How hurtful. I know sir porky here misses my cooking." Hawk ignored that comment already deeply focused on a pile of this mornings scraps.

      Once all the commotion died down I looked over to the cloaked women visibly nervous holding a note and a few trinkets.

      "So how is he," I asked before taking a seat beside her.

      "He's gone," She sighed. We all looked to her in disbelief (accept Hawk).

      I hesitated before I responded, "I'm so sorry for your loss..."

      "Oh! Not like that! He's not dead...at least I don't think he is. I went to check on him and all that was left was this note," the cloaked women flushed before showing me the letter.

      I quickly felt embarrassed before I asked, "Would it be okay if you read it. I can't really read well..."

      "Oh! No problem...My Dear friend, the last view days I spent with you have been fun and exciting but duty calls. I have a few work related issues to tend to. I whole heartily wish I could have stayed longer especially because I am quite interested in your new friends. Give Y/N the necklace I left with you as a thank you gift and I think it would do you quite well to reveal your identity to them. They seem like good people I entrust that they will properly care and protect you. Anyway so long," the cloaked girl responded before handing me the necklace.

      "What does he mean by reveal your identity?" I asked.

       The cloaked girl stood up before slowly removing her cloak and announcing, "I am Elisabeth Liones, the third princess of the kingdom of Liones, and I humbly ask of your assistance to gather all members of the Seven Deadly Sins."

A/N(Sorry about the long Hiatus

A/N(Sorry about the long Hiatus. I'll stick to a more consistent schedule especially now that it's summer break >-<)