9: What It Means To Be A Fairy

It didn't take long as they quickly boarded the magic mobile. Erza was driving it as Lucy and Gray sat on one side of the cart while Morana and Kageyama sat on the other. The shadow man was good on his own for the moment, but Morana wanted to make sure that there was nothing else she could do for him. Partly due to the fact that she had terrified him and felt responsible for taking care of him. Kageyama didn't see it that way, considering the woman was suffering like she did on the train.

Across the way, Lucy kept giving Morana teasing looks as the ice dragon deliberately ignored her. With her arms crossed and her eyes closed Morana did her best with her motion sickness. With the speed Erza was going and the dampness of the tracks it was hard to keep her stomach from rocking.

"So tell me, why are you taking me with you?" Kageyama asked.

Lucy looked at him annoyed, "Because you obviously need a doctor and since everyone in town already left you'll just have to see one in Clover." She looked away, "try showing some gratitude."

"I don't understand. Why are you helping me? And her..." He glanced at Morana, who was hunched over the seat. "Just why? We're enemies? She is one..." Lucy glared at him as she remained silent, there really was no answer for him, but Morana lifted herself up a bit as she took a ragged breath.

"Oh wait...I get it. You're taking me hostage so you can make a deal with Erigor...Well, you can forget it. He could care less about any of us." He started muttering.

"I've been where you are..." Morana groans. Everyone glanced over at her. She was pushing through her sickness as she took slow breaths. "That feeling...you got...I know it." They watched her gag as she covered her mouth. "There is more to life than feeling worthless and used."

Gray scoffs, "Morana's right, You should try looking at the positive. You and your Eisenwald pals." Kageyama stewed on their words when the cart jerked harshly. Morana was thrusted into Kageyama's chest as her face turned dark blue. She had no strength to move as Lucy went airborne. Gray was quick to bring Lucy back down to her seat. It was quite the sight as the shadow man shivered at her touch.

"What happened?" Gray called out to Erza.

"It's ok! Everything's fine now." Erza responded.

"Would you get off of me?!" Kageyama shouted as he shoved Morana off of him. She was limp as she slumped against the seat.

"Sorry.." She groans. She kept to her side of the cart dying from her motion sickness. Thankfully in no time flat the cart came to a stop. Morana stuck half of her body out the window groaning. "Are we at Clover?"

"Not even close." Gray chuckles as he helps the ice dragon out the cart. Lucy was quick to greet Natsu and Happy as Kageyama quietly followed after.

"Natsu!" Lucy shouted.

"Hey guys! You just missed me beating Erigor!" The pyro smiles brightly.

Erza had a hard time seeing as she sighs in relief, "I'm proud of you." Lucy was quick to help Erza off the cart as Morana was stretching out as she reimagined her strength.

"You going to be ok Erza?" Lucy asked,

"Yes. Don't worry about me." Erza was thankful for the blond's help. Morana stayed back as she glanced at Kageyama who stood in pure shock. She was going to say something, but got distracted by Gray.

"I can't believe you had such a hard time with this guy." Gray scoffs. He only had his pants and boots on.

"I never said that!" Natsu shot back. "I took care of him, didn't I?"

"I was kinda worried for him for a while." Happy added.

"Whatever, You look pretty stupid wearing a scarf when you're half naked." Gray glared at the pyro.