𝟎𝟎𝟏. unnatural

𝕭𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗢 𝗬𝗢𝗨
╔════ ❛ ❜ ════╗
࿐ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ¹
— ❪ 𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘵 ❫ ✮
╚════ ❛ ❜ ════╝

AURELIA SOLACE woke up earlier than usual for school, but she didn't really mind. Her hand ghosted her butterfly beauty mark right on her neck. It was an odd mark, yes, she admits; but she didn't really care anymore. It's not like anyone would notice, anyway. She didn't really have friends, but people knew of her.

She had always been introverted and quiet, not really into parties, drinking, and whatnot. She didn't care if others did so, but for herself, she likes how she is. She has tried being extroverted a few times in the past, but she gave up and went back to her old ways.

Her old ways, as in not giving a fuck how she looks or acts anymore. Well, of course she wants to look somewhat decent, but overall doesn't want to listen to what others say now. Aurelia was mentally exhausted. She changed schools and came to Mystic Falls at a young age because of how she was treated at her old school.

Just because she was bigger, so what? It was infuriating especially because their parents only agreed with their kids and stayed quiet. Since then, she distanced herself from everyone and made sure she was herself with her mom, not like her mom's any different.

In the past, Gabrielle had subtly talked to her about it, and has had an impact on her mental health. Getting good grades were now expected, being the perfect daughter as well, and not to mention always having to look good. Aurelia understood and learned to not take things to heart very early on when everyone called her sensitive and whatnot, so now nothing could get to her.

Well, it secretly does. Deep down, it does effect her, no matter how much she hates herself for letting it. Baggy clothes, introverted, sleep, has all helped. She would be caught dead wearing anything other than an oversized t-shirt, hoodie, or sweater. Even if she did get the bold idea once a month to wear a crop top or a spaghetti strapped top, a jacket or cardigan would always be on top. Sometimes she would wear a dress, but nothing too short or revealing, not to mention tight.

"Riley, breakfast!" Gabrielle, her mother, yelled. Aurelia brushed her brown her before leaving it down. She changed into flared low waisted jeans, and an oversized sweater. She pared her outfit with some simple converse and called it a day. She rushed out to the kitchen, greeted with a smile from her mother. Scrambled eggs, something quick as her mother had to leave for work soon.

She was a nurse, and often had to be at the hospital. The seventeen year old girl didn't mind though, she would go hangout there at times, "I'll be late to today, as usual, so if you need anything, call me." Gabrielle informed the brunette.

"You know what I've been thinking about?" Aurelia thought about all of a sudden as she knitted her brows. Her mom turned to her with a shrug and an intrigued look as she took a sip of her coffee, "What if I just dye my hair blonde?"

"Um," Her mother paused dramatically for a dramatic suspense, "no." She had a sarcastic smile on her face to which Aurelia chuckled to.

"Keyword, if." She pointed a finger at her mother, as she finished up her eggs and put it in the sink. Her mom turned and told her she was leaving now, to which Aurelia nodded to in acknowledgment. After a bit, she decided it was time to go to school.