Lion or Mouse

True to his words and promises, Deimos' training began each night when the moon stood at its highest axis. The lad's had training intensified as promised, pushing the boy to his limits and beyond any limits a six year old were bound to even a six year old in Aslan's case could muster. A true born warrior, true to his parentage and godly birthright. The boy were a true skilled warrior as his lessons proceeded. Possessing ability and capability aeons beyond his years and powers. The knowledge he were taught, he passed onto his brothers as he swore to do as their general and amongst many of other young men bred into the homestead. Like his brothers, no man or boy offered the boy the respect he were deserving instead condemning him all silently remembering him as the adopted son of a drunken imp, the lesser, a bastard child. The only one who made him feel worthy of his salt and skin were his best friend Mera.

Mera were only the person besides his mother and father who seemed to give any sort of damn about him unrequited and even his mother had held her moments of mild contentment and disdain for him at times when it came to moments of him being favoured by Deimos instead his elder brothers. Mera was kind and Mera was sweet, gentle and simply wonderful. She had the qualities and the beauty of what one might seek in a wife when one reached maturity. As compelling as those qualities had been, one could not be fooled by the sweet ease of her light, lenient, tender-hearted eyes, there was nothing mild about the young girl. She was feral and wild if she needed to be, as all the boys in their age group soon learned when crossing the wrong side of her. An admirable warrior in her own right. In their free time, instead of playing usual childish games, the pair would take time sparring and jousting against one another. Testing out their strengths and passing knowledge onto one another. Times that the two could spend hours doing in the midst of talking and making time easier on this place sometimes called hell.

It came no surprise when scouts arrived on their homestead in search for recruits they could draft to their war, naturally approaching his elder brothers and his father. "Meus dominus, my baba, while he is still of capable age to wield and exude such prowess. I wish to validate that my father spent 20 years serving as a commanding officer. Therefore I choose to offer you myself in his place to guarantee him the safety in my brothers able to return home each respite" the child bravely approached the large soldiers stood before him. Their looks of disgust and mock embellished on their faces. He took it begrudgingly, forcing down a growl and snarl in distaste of his reprieve towards them for that simple audacity. "I see the sneers and glares upon your faces whilst I am aware that you can see I may only be of six and half years of age almost seven. I have defended our homestead and led the charge against each demon, vermin or vagabond attack that attempted to plague us. I am a warrior worth his salt, ready for the scars harnessed by battle, welcoming of war. Before you all condemn and doubt me of my abilities, remember and take into consideration that my father is Lord Deimos the Valiant, the great lionheart. I'm confident enough to presume that you are all aware of the stories, the legends based on he. I plan and wish to forge my own destiny and legacy. Grant me my own 300 men and I tell you I shall change the methods of war" Aslan valiantly promoted himself in the place of his father. Deimos couldn't believe his ears, immediately rising to his feet, shrieking in a loud bellow "NO!!". It was as history had repeated itself and he were living very same nightmare his own father had to live and warned him to mind in his own future, when he had made this decision only when he had been only three years older than his six year old child. He stepped in front of his child, protectively shielding him whilst searing him with glaring eyes before turning his attention to the officers. Taking his right fist and pounding it to the left side of his chest above his pectoral signalling his senior rank. A militant greeting that they reciprocated as a sign of respect for his previous positioning in their ranks. "Mes copets" he greeted before continuing "I served twenty years commanding your father and uncles. Whilst I am prepared to serve twenty to thirty years more if the war requires it so. I cannot permit my sons, my children to the cause and leave my family defenceless against all kinds of horrors that may prey upon them in our absence. Send me, my Lords, leave my sons" Deimos pleaded disregarding Aslan's volunteer. Before the boy could respond in complete fury, he was interrupted.

"My husband and children are beyond special to me. My boys know nought of this war and my dear husband has outgrown it after twenty years. My Lords please, he had served his time and has missed enough off his family's life. The last time he served in the war, he missed the deaths of both his parents, a grandfather and his eldest son" Irea spoke up breaking the customs of their continent where women stayed silent unless spoken to. Aslan's eyes blazed with fury over his parent's actions. He roared an indignant ferocious sound that commanded silence. "Enough!...I, I am no coward! I will not watch my family be executed for refusing to abide by governing laws nor will I see my father lose any more years of his life to war. I have spoken and this is my decree. For I am a demon in my own right, bred to fight in wars and protect my family and realm much greater than I ever could just from these lands. I am a warrior, by gods let me capture my destiny in my right" he ordered with his godly roots conveying in his voice. This was the god Balthozar in his true essence demanding to be recognised. He stood with his chest out and chin raised with the indignance of a young king that was well commendable to the soldiers who stood before him.

TBC

I hope you all enjoy this chapter and are not disappointed by the length of this chapter. It will be continued into the next page which I plan to be fire so please, please, please stay tuned. Don't forget to vote. Thank you and God bless you all

I hope that