Episode 2: Forced

It's been weeks ever since Carmen was forced to fight in the Battle Nexus by Big Mama. No matter what state she was in, she had to fight if Big Mama told her to do so.

In those very exhausting weeks, she earned her very own stage name: Flaming Fayer, F.F. in short. She guesses that counts as something good.

She was later on told that as long as she kept fighting, Big Mama wouldn't do anything bad to her parents. However, if she refuses to partake in Battle Nexus matches, there'll be dire consequences.

"...You're kidding." Carmen uttered under her breath, holding her bandaged stomach that was injured from a fight a while ago.

"Why would I be, firecracker? We need you here. They need you here." Big Mama replied with a mischievous gleam in her eyes.

"Don't." She snapped. "Don't fucking call me that." Her voice drops to a frustrated whisper.

Big Mama chuckles and walks up to Carmen, cupping her cheek. "Isn't this what you wanted, Fayer? To fight in the Battle Nexus?" She keeps that sinister smile on her face as she talks to Carmen.

She slaps away Big Mama's hand and glares at her, her head flickering with flames. "I never... never wanted this." She shakes her head slightly and walks away, her anger being palpable as she did.

Carmen was in a tough situation, and she hated it. I mean, who wouldn't? Being forced onto your own dream, no one cared if she was severely injured in the arena. People watched the Battle Nexus for entertainment, and Carmen being the spotlight was fun for them, considering that she was half-human, or at least seemed human. They've never been this excited ever since Lou Jitsu.

One night, Carmen was attempting to escape the luxury box. She was being extra careful with her steps and tried her best to be sneaky. She was aiming for this vent that was at the corner of a wall, trying to get it off. She didn't have the proper tools to remove the screws, so she thought it'd be a great idea to just pull it off with all her strength. Which was completely stupid.

"Come– on! Get off!" She syncopated in a whisper, grunting every time she pulled back. It was not long before someone caught Carmen. It was Big Mama's assistant, Jennika.

"What on earth are you doing?" Jennika angrily whispered to her, pulling Carmen back up with ease. "Are you crazy?!" She scoffs and lets go of her, crossing her arms. "Jennika! Could you not bother me for one second?!" Carmen snarled at her, pointing an angry finger at Jennika as she said 'bother' and 'one'.

Jennika, Big Mama's assistant, was the only person Carmen could talk to, but wasn't the best person to talk to. They barely talk, but everytime they do they just argue. Carmen has never seen her take her mask off nor disobey Big Mama for a single second. Jennika is extremely loyal and obedient to Big Mama, her star pupil. When Carmen came along, it was like she took Big Mama's attention away from her.

"I'll stop 'bothering' you if you stop sneaking out!" She sighs exasperatedly, shaking her head slightly in annoyance. "C'mon, Jenn. You've gotta help me out here! It's a hell-hole here!" Carmen tried to convince her as she gestures her palms up.

She sighs and gives her a pleading look in her eyes. "Please. I know you want to get out of here just as much as I do. We can–" She slowly approached her before being interrupted by her.

"No, you don't know what I want. You don't understand. You don't know me." Jennika takes a deep breath and turns her back on Carmen. "Look, Carmen, I'm sorry. But I can't help you. You know how Big Mama is, and she wouldn't be happy with me helping you." She looks over to her shoulder, giving Carmen an empathetic look. "If I did help you, it'd ruin both of our lives."