Prologue (1/3)

Cybertron is beautiful, at least for Autobots. They enjoyed luxurious establishments and wealthy lives. They had good-paying jobs, access to healthcare, and much, much more. Meanwhile on the other side of the spectrum stood Decepticons, or in other words for a Cybertronian, slaves. They had the worst and the most dangerous jobs as possible, the higher the risk of death the higher chance of there being a Decepticon doing that job. You needed to send a scout on a dangerous mission to scout out enemy forces, Decepticon. You needed something fixed that could fry your circuits, Decepticon. You are dependent on a substance called energon, but it only exists deep in the mines where the risk of the mines collapsing is high, send Decepticons. I could name much more instances of injustice to my kind, my clan, my family, and Decepticons, but that would take more than this recording and I need this to be done by the end of today, as I want to leave my story behind if something happens to me. Well, anyway, I was a miner, like most of the Decepticons, lacking any other traits that could land me another position. I was not strong enough to be considered a gladiator, I was not considered fast enough to be a scout. I was not considered good enough for pretty much anything, so I was moved to mines, as my life had no meaning anyway. I first thought that it was because I was bad in everything and I was the worst of the worst there could be. But then on one faithful day, something bad happened. The mine I was in collapsed, burying me and my fellow Decepticons. This was, however, a blessing from Primus, he gave me the opportunity to prove myself, even if others gave up immediately as our way out was buried. I don't blame them for that. We as miners are given barely any energon, just barely to survive, our strength was due to this hindered so that was why they did not even try anything. However energon deficit had a lesser effect on me, at least not yet. So me, with determination in my optics, began to throw boulder after boulder on our way to freedom. What was strange was that I was able to move them at all, even with no signs of energon deficit I should not have been able to move them, but Autobots might have judged me too soon, just by appearance, I was not slim, thus I must have been slow, and I was not bulky, thus by their logic, I was not strong. But I was about to prove them wrong in their judgment. I moved one boulder at a time, Fast enough to be considered a scout and I moved big enough boulders to be considered unnaturally strong. Eventually after 6 grueling hours of trying to save me and my fellow Decepticons, the lack of energy finally caught up to me. But that did not matter anymore, because I finally reached the surface. Others seeing the light finally got their afts together and with whatever strength they had left helped me to remove a few final boulders standing in our way. When I was finally out of the mine, I collapsed out of the energon depletion. Barely staying alive, my spark trying to save up as much energon as it could, shutting off almost all systems. But then our Autobot overseer came by, so he could confirm that the mine was lost and so he could write off his property as missing in action and he could get free replacements by the ruling council. But he was met with an unexpected sight, all of his assets were perfectly fine, well all but one that was on the ground. He just shrugged and was about to shrug it off and just write me to be replaced. But other Decepticons stopped him and told him of my feet, how I saved them by throwing away the boulders that would require multiple strong mining Decepticons to move and at the speed that would put any scout on their heels. Our overseer did not believe them, thinking that they were malfunctioning due to the energon deficit, but they somehow convinced him to look at their recordings of the events through their optics. The overseer then saw the events and he could not believe his optics. So he did something he had never done before, he actually saved a Decepticon by giving me more energon than it was actually needed. Of course, it was not for my own good, it was because I could be sold for a quite a bit to be a gladiator. It was not like I could have any say in it, so I just complied, leaving behind my Decepticon brothers in the mines, which could collapse at any time. I still hate myself for that, but as I said, I could not have done anything against that. Even if I tried to resist, enforcers would come for me, good strength and speed could only get you so far, their weapons and technology would have made quick work of me. And now, now I'm just waiting for my first match. Now that I think about it, being a gladiator could have its perks, like better healthcare and finally having a little surplus of energon flowing in my body. But on the other side is death, either mine or the opponents. If I would be fighting animals or Autobots, I would have no second thoughts about taking their lives, but I will most likely have to fight and slay my fellow Decepticons, and all of that because Autobots view it as the best sport to watch, the best entertainment they could watch, seeing the rubble of society kill themselves for their entertainment. So, I'm writing this log in case of my untimely demise if I'm not strong enough to either fight my opponent or to take the life of my fellow Decepticon. If you are reading this, that probably means that I'm dead and you, the Decepticon that was given the same living quarters as mine, found this log. And I'm asking you to start spreading the information about how we are not defined by our given purpose like I was. I was a miner and now I'm a gladiator. We, the Decepticon should take fate into our own hands and rise up and take a stand for our rights to live at the same level as Autobots. Long live the revolution that I dream of. That I hope will happen and that would save my kind from many unnecessary deaths and misery.