Chapter 1 - Trying To Move On

"How does it feel to know that the guy you considered a brother once now stands by and watches you suffer in a world of pain. Tell me, how does it feel?"
"Please, help me. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done all that I have. Please, forgive me."
"Sorry isn't good enough... And guess what? It's too late to ask for forgiveness. Do whatever you want to him Sami. Make him feel the pain he made you feel. Make it ten times worse."
"No, please. Sami, no!"

*In the present*

A slight wind grazes through the air, the frosted leaves on the pavement, grass topple all over each other, snow flakes begin to fall on the cold winters night. It's been three months. Three months since Sami was allowed home from hospital. His physical injuries had healed quite quickly. He still had a small appetite compared to what he used to but the doctors said to expect that for the first three months at least, in time it would get better. Each day it grew, piece by piece, he would eat more. Physically, he was ok, mentally, that's a different story.

He was still having nightmares. Still. It was the same dream, over and over and over. Each time it gets more detailed. It lasts longer. The suffering lasts longer. The pain. He felt each punch as it landed on his face. Each kick to the gut. The deliberate stomps to the arm, purposely aiming to break the arm. Eventually succeeding.

Was it the aim to make the suffering last? Make the pain last longer? For Solomon, yes. Every second that Sami was in pain, Solomon loved. He wanted to play Dean longer, make the betrayal even worse. It was all about causing as much pain as possible. Pain, he loved causing pain.

It's different when your on the other end. Receiving the never ending pain. Suffering at the hands of your torturer, not being able to do anything because the pain of moving is so bad already. Being that sitting duck for punishment... not a great place to be.

Sami had again awoken from another terrifying nightmare. Scrambling from the bed, he rushed to the corner, crying hard. The constant reliving of that fateful time was taking its toll on him. Adrian came running into his room. Immediately he got to Sami, held him into his arms.

"Shhhhh, Sami it's ok. It's over. It's all over. It wasn't real. Just a nightmare."
"I was back there again... Why? Why won't it leave me alone?"
"I don't know bud. Don't worry, you're not facing this alone. I'm here. Always here for you. Never forget that."
"I won't. I'm just so scared. What if he comes back for me? He will won't he? He'll kill me this time."
"Sami, he won't get near you. I'm not letting that happen to you. I almost lost you once, no way am I letting that happen again. Nothing like that will happen to my best friend again."
"What would I do without you Adrian? You know what to say, how to calm me down. After three months you haven't gotten sick of my nightmares, not told me to simply get over what happened."
"I know you went through something extremely traumatic, something you simply don't wake up the next day and expect everything to be fine. Sami, when you're ready, talk to me. Share that burden your carrying within yourself."
"Thanks for being so patient Adrian. Ummm... What's the time?"
"Four thirty."
"Can we stay awake? Maybe go for a walk?"
"Sure thing. Come on Rico."
"Rico? Really Pac?"
"Pac? Really Sami?"
"Shuddup."

This had become some sort of normal routine when Sami had these nightmares. A walk seemed to help. Upon arriving back at the house, Sami always fell asleep on the couch in Adrians arms. Adrians safe and caring arms. The arms that would save him, protect him from the cruel, cruel world. Eventually, Adrian would join Sami in a peaceful sleep.

Sami wasn't the only one to struggle with what Solomon did. Dean was too. Of course he'd say he was fine. He'd say he was "Dean Freaking Ambrose" after all. The cornerstone of the Shield. He was adamant he was fine but the man was far from it.

He always stayed close to Roman and Seth. Sometimes he panicked when they were gone longer than usual. A few times he had accused them both of turning their backs on him. Accusing them of doing what Solomon did. He would apologise straightaway though. Dean would say something possessed him to sat that.

It was hard to see Dean suffering like he was. It was unbelievably cruel. His already fragile ability to trust others was crushed. Not along was it damaging the brotherly relationship he had with Roman and Seth but his relationship with Tamara had been tested a few times aswell. She had been accused of cheating with Seth once by Dean.

They had gone out to get some groceries, Dean was extremely tired that day and Roman had some errands to run. On the way back from the grocery run, Seth and Tamara hit huge traffic jam. It had taken them an extra half an hour to get back. Without knowing that, mixed in with his lack of sleep, he accused the pair. Both were taken aback by Dean. Both tried to explain why they were so late but Dean wouldn't hear it. It took him a few days to realise they were telling the truth. Again he would apologise for his irrational behaviour but he still insisted he was ok.

It was taking a toll on all involved. Everything was a chore. Getting up in the morning, getting dressed. Going to get groceries. Everyone was on edge, everyone was miserable as sin. Everyone had hoped things would have gotten better by now but things were the same. Everyday was the same routine.

Roman had had enough of this. He hated seeing his family so sad, yet so angry at the same time. So scared, frightened in Sami's case. They all knew roughly what happened to Sami but he was yet to open up about it and share his pain. He needed to. If not to any of his friends, a shrink. Sami needed something, so did Dean.

Roman began surfing the internet in search of a place in the woods, a couple of cabins no less. Something off the grid.

No social media distractions. No fans finding them and constantly demanding photos, demanding to know why none of them were on WWE television anymore.

"We are taking a break. We need some time away."
"Did I read right about stuff that happened to Sami? How is he alive after that? It took you a while to get to him, huh? For it to be that bad, I mean."
"None of that is true. No matter what anyone says. It's not true.?
"Come on, WWE aren't that good at creating up storyline like that."

If only people would shut up some times. How nice would that be?

"What you looking up Ro?" Roman jumped, startled by the new voice.
"Somewhere in woods for to stay away from everyone and everything." Tamara nodded in agreement.
"Sounds like a great idea. You sick of all these people acting like they know whats going on when they obviously have no idea?"
"Yeah. What is it they say? Oh, Solomon said that's what happened so..."
"It has to be right. Fuck boy said it so it's true."
"Damn girl. No chill from you."
"None at all. So, you found a place?"
"Yeah, I think so. The reviews are outstanding. Not a single complaint."
"Enough cabins for everyone to stay there?"
"Yep. Actually, in total they rent out three cabins and that's what we need."
"Perfect. I say book it."
"Shouldn't we mention it to everyone before we book it?"
"Nope. It'll be a suprise."
"Alright. Hopefully while we are there we can try and move on."
"Hopefully."

#### And we are back again!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!

Can't wait to see how this goes! I apologise for the long wait for this. Dang my head or the tons of other ideas I wrote first.

Stupid head... :')

Let me know what you think to the chapter. Any ideas for the story? Anything you want to see? Let me.know and I might just add it in.

Ignore any mistakes I've made in this. I probably have and just gone screen blind. Haha!!

Anyways, I'll stop now.

Vote, comment and follow, all that good shit.

See you at the end of the next chapter!!

Ciiaaaaooooooooooooooo!!!!!