14.

lilliana

"Lils." I slowly stir awake - it's completely dark, and I'm alone except for Luke waking me up.

"Do you wanna come with me to get a tattoo?" He says. What? He must see the confusion on my face. "I'm getting a tattoo." He whispers.

"Okay, yeah, I'll come with you." I don't know why he's getting a tattoo at - whatever time it is.

I get up from the love seat, and slide on my shoes. I don't have my phone, and I don't know what time it is. I have a feeling this was an impulsive decision.

He leads me to the car, it's completely dark outside beside the moon and stars. I get into the passenger seat.

"Luke, why are you getting a tattoo in the middle of the night?" I ask him.

He smiles. "You'll see." He takes my hand over the center console and holds it as he drives.

I didn't realize I'm still in leggings and a hoodie that I've been wearing all day, and I don't know what my hair looks like, and my no-makeup face is probably puffy right now from sleeping, but I don't think I care.

I'm in the car with Luke, it's peaceful and quiet, and it's full of love. Speaking of love, one of my thoughts roll out of my mouth.

"I'm sorry for not being easy to love." When I think about it, I am. I could've been content with keeping it a secret, but I wasn't. I was being difficult like I always am.

He looks at me - which makes me expect him to say something like: you aren't difficult to love. But he doesn't.

"The right one for me isn't easy to love." He says. I stay silent for the rest of the car ride to the tattoo parlor. I look at my one tattoo - the only one I have.

It's a little sun because I've always loved the sun. And my nickname, Lily, is a flower. Flowers need the sun, I thought it was perfect.

Once we get there, Luke tells me the tattoo he's getting is a surprise and it isn't just one tattoo, it's two small ones.

I wait on the chair next to the table while Luke gets the two tattoos on his arm. I honestly have no idea what they could be.

"Okay, from here on out, don't look." Luke says, and I don't. I actually wait in the front of the building, looking at the sticker covered walls.

He comes to the front with the guy that did his tattoos, and Luke pays for it. I follow him outside without saying anything.

"Okay, I asked him to put clear bandages on them because I wanted you to see them, you ready?" He asks with the biggest smile on his face, and I nod.

On his forearm near his wrist, horizontally sits a sunflower. He turns him arm and up near his arm pit sits another flower.

A lily.

"Luke." I whisper - because that's all my voice will allow me to utter.

"The sunflower is because of your sun tattoo." He says. "Sunflowers gravitate toward the sun, and I will always gravitate toward you."

"Oh my god."

"I knew I wanted that one for a while, the lily was a bit impulsive, but I love it. I don't think I have to explain why I got that one." He says with a chuckle.

"Luke, oh my god."

"Is 'Luke' and 'oh my god' the only things you're going to say?" He asks.

"I- I don't know what to say. Luke, they- wow- you really did that for me?" I look from the tattoos to his eyes.

"Hell yeah, I would walk through fire for you, Lils."

"I love you." I pull him down by the back of his neck, but I still have to stand on my toes to kiss him.

"I love you so much I want to scream if from the top of a cliff." He says. "I hope Mom doesn't kill me, she has no clue I got these, no one does actually except for Trevor."

"Zegras?" I ask, he nods. "Why does Trevor know about them?"

"He had practically an entire sleeve, I needed to know where to go to get them, he helped me." He says.

"Come on," I giggle. "Let's get back."

"We aren't going back yet, there's somewhere else I need to go." He says, I hesitate to get in the care. "Don't you trust me?"

Once we get in the car, his hand takes mine over the center console again. We drive for about 45 minutes - not in the direction of the house.

He pulls over on the side of a road - I would hardly call it a road - and gets out, I follow suit.

I look around. "Did we come to the top of a cliff so you could kill me?" I ask despite there being a laugh to my tone.

"No, you know how I said I love you so much I could scream it from the top of a cliff?" He gestures to the cliff in front of us.

"Full of impulsive decisions tonight, Moosey?"

He doesn't answer, instead he does what he came up here for. "I love you, Lilliana Willow Riley!" It echoes.

I take a step toward the cliff - now being beside him. "I love you, Luke Warren Hughes!" I shout. I've shouted at him for a lot of things, but none of them as amazing as this.

I laugh, and he hugs me from behind, looking out over the cliff. Last time I was at the top of a cliff, I could've followed my fears all the way down. But now, it's different.

"You are going to be the death of me, Lils." He says right next to my ear.

"Don't say that while we are on a cliff." I say with a laugh.

I will forever be thankful for that Cruel Summer and every single thing that occurred after that. Would I believe where I am now if I told Cruel Summer Me? No. But I'm glad she came around to him.

Lover: a person who is in love with another person. Some examples being Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively, or me and Luke.

author's note:

WELCOME TO THE FINAL SHOW

i wanted this chapter to end how the first one began and i love how it turned out, thank you so much for reading it and i hope you liked it.

as of right now, i don't have another wattpad planned but when this gets uploaded, i probably will but i do have a bunch of other stories, some hockey, some nfl, if you want to read them :)

i love you all <3333

okay, uploading this.. i'm working on a nico one rn :)