★Midnight Channel (pt. 1)

Recently, you moved due to complications in the city. You lived with your big brother due to your parents working abroad. However, your brother is just only a college student, meaning that he cannot afford rent out in downtown, Shibuya.. this gave him no choice but to relocate the both of you to the suburbs - what one would call Inaba.

Needless to say, you were devastated. You had to leave your best friend, Ann Takamaki. Not only that, but there has been insane rumors about disappearances happening in Inaba. Some even say that a majority of the victims consist of High Schoolers enrolling at Yasogami High, the school you would be attending.

You missed your friends, there's great risk in Inaba, AND there's not anything to do there.. just how depressing are things going to get for you? They even broadcasted you on TV whenever you moved to Inaba to ask you questions on what the city was like. Why do they even care in the first place?

Well, todays the day you find out. It's your first day at your new High School coming in as a second year. Your homeroom is the history teacher, Ms. Sofue, - room 2-4.

"Sofue.. Ms. Sofue- dammit!! Where is her class? I'm going to be late on my first day.." You were muttering under your breath as you tightly held your schedule paper, not paying attention to your surroundings. You continued walking aimlessly until you ran into someone, a boy who is a bit taller than you, paired with headphones sitting on his neck as well as light brown hair.

If only you were more aware of what was in front of you.. you decided to apologize to him. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to-" he held out a hand and chuckled awkwardly.

"Nono, I'm sorry too. I should have watched where I was going. But hey.. you seem new here."

"Yes, I am. I moved here from Shibuya.." You sighed, remembering how much you want to go back. "I am (Y/n) (L/n)."

"Oh, so you're from the city too, aren't you? We already have something in common. Nice to meet you (Y/n) - San, My name is Yosuke Hanamura." He scratched his neck. "So.. where are you headed? The bell is about to ring, so I figured I'd help you get there."

A boy who is also from the city. What are the odds?

"Oh, um.. Ms. Sofue. Thank you for helping me, by the way." He blushed a bit at your response, leading the way to your classroom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Days pass by. You still don't have friends, leaving you with nothing to really do. Although you did hear about a rumor..

The Midnight Channel.

Whenever the clock strikes midnight on a rainy day, you see your soulmate on TV. To be honest, it really sounded like total BS. But you really had nothing to do. No money to shop, your brother gone at school and work, and no one to hang out with.

You lay in your bed waiting for time to pass by as raindrops began to fall from the sky. You receive a good night text from Ann that came with a picture attachment.

It was her and your other friend, Makoto Nijima. You missed them dearly. Just as you were staring at your illuminated phone screen, the TV suddenly turned on by itself.

Could this be the rumored Midnight Channel...?

A black silhouette appeared on the screen. You couldn't really make out who it was, though it did feel familiar.. the girl seemed to have the same figure as you, as well as the same haircut that was styled the same as yours.

Was this you...?

No, it mustn't be. After all, you just moved here, and besides - how can you be your own soulmate? That makes no sense. You brushed it off and went to bed, sending a "I miss you <3" text back to Ann and drifted off to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day

It was Sunday, meaning that you had the day off from school. You enter the kitchen with a note on the counter with 7k yen next to it,

"(y/n), please stop by Junes today. I realized that I no longer have time to go grocery shopping, so I must leave you up to the task whenever we run out of food.

Hopefully this is enough money. Text me if you need more and ill send it to you.

"Thanks,

(Your brothers name)."

There was a paperclip on the note, attaching a list of goods he left you up to buy as well as directions to the store since you are still fairly new to the town. Whatever. Its not like you had plans anyway, even though you miss the feeling of going places with your friends.

You stop by Junes, seeing the boy you saw a few days back with a girl in a green sweater. Yosuke Hanamura, was it? You walked towards the produce isle looking for the items on the list your brother gave you, Yosuke noticing you and advancing you.

"Hey (y/n) - san!" He continued to walk towards you, seeming surprised that you were here. The girl in the green sweater followed him.

"Ohhhhhhh, is this the girl you were talking about a few days ago, Yosuke? The girl you said you though was really cuteeeeee?" She was smirking with a widened expression.

He thinks I'm cute?

Yosuke elbowed the girls' side and whispered loudly to her, "Chie- will you quit that?! Seriously, you always embarrass me.." He looked to the side with a sorrowful expression, his cheeks tinted pink.

"Anyways, Is there anything in particular that you are looking for, (y/n) - san?" He regained his composure, seeking if there was anyway he could assist you.

"Oh, um, yeah. Heres a list." The first item read tomatoes. "Thanks for helping me again, by the way."

"He's helping you because he's interested in-" Before the green girl could finish her sentence, Yosuke stepped in front of her and cut her off.

"Tomatoes! Yes, I'm interested in tomatoes! Follow me!" He laughed awkwardly, leading the way.

"Hah, yeah. You really look like one too." The girl continued to tease him.

"Oh my god Chie, Seriously! Shut your mouth!!"

-------------------------------------------------------

Evening - Yosuke's POV

Another rainy day, meaning that the person on the midnight channel should be completely revealed now. Midnight hit and the TV turned on, slowly but surely.

The image of the girl became more clear, and just as I knew it..

It was (y/n) - san!!

Immediately, I called Chie up.

"Its that girlfriend of yours this time, huh? OK but seriously, we need to consult her first thing tomorrow to ensure that she isn't kidnapped."

"Right. But hey, Ch-chie, take this seriously!! You already know it Isn't like that!!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day - your POV

Just as you were walking to school, an entire group of teenagers approached you. You remember seeing them at Junes and hearing them talk to each other, so you knew all of their names after some time.

Yu Narukami, aka. Mr. Popular with the Girls.

Yukiko Amagi, daughter of the Amagi Inn manager.

Chie Sataonaka, the girl that was with Yosuke yesterday who also loves Kung Fu movies.

Kanji Tatsumi, the son of the manager of Tatsumi Textiles.

Rise Kujikawa, the famous idol on haitus.

Teddie, adored Junes assistant.

Naoto Shirogane, tomboy detective who hates throwing things out.

And Yosuke Hanamura, the boy who helped you a couple days back. You also saw him at Junes yesterday.

They all walked in front of you, getting in your way of walking to your homeroom.

To be continued...