solitude - 1

Y/N sat in the planes seat, watching the top of the sunset painted clouds, his headphones whispering a tune in his ear.

Startled out of his daze, he looked towards the inside of the dimly lit plane, accepting the complimentary blanket and eye mask from the flight attendant.

"Merci." He whispered, bowing his head at the same time to show both displays of gratitude, spreading the soft blanket over his lap, using the one he brought with him as a makeshift pillow.

The boy was bored, already spending 9 hours on the plane, which meant there was still roughly 4 to go. After watching his favorite movies and taking a nap, he was out of things to do, fiddling with the loose strings in his sweater while admiring the dusk ridden sky, spellbound by the swirl of colors as the sun set.

The plane was quiet, the noise cancelling headphones adding to that factor, listening to the dulcet tunes of his playlist made specifically for ethereal times like these.

After a bit of maladaptive daydreaming, thinking about his new school and new life, the boy closed the airplane window, drifting back to sleep.

He was woken up, who knows how long after, by the soft ding of the airplane intercom, a gentle announcement that the plane would be approaching the airport in just two hours.

He could do this, two hours wasn't long when you compared it to the amount of time he's been sitting in this seat already. Removing his headphones, he placed them around his neck, turning a movie on the small T.V in front of him, taking out snacks and getting comfy.

~

Japans airport was.. different. He couldn't read most of the signs, all of them in either english or Japanese Kanji, most of the doorways had low hanging signs that almost touched his head making him paranoid, and he had a hell of a time trying to find his flights suitcase drop off.

In other words, he was already totally worn out, and he'd barely get any time to settle down before he had to be at his new school. It was currently 11 pm (23:00) and he had to be up early. Don't forget the fact that he has to take a cab to the dorms he'll be staying in, shower, make sure his uniform fit, and find all of his classes, and since the year here had already started, he figured he would stick out like a sore thumb. It all felt like a living hell.

~~

The french boy's smile immediately fell as he entered his dorm room to turn in for the night. He'd been shown around by who he could only guess was a school administrator, greeted another student staying here that was awake, got a rundown on all of the rules, and had to struggle to keep up with everyones fast pace of talking. He was now passed out on a bed that wasn't made, with his things spread out everywhere, officially drained of any social, emotional, and physical battery.

He hoped tomorrow would be better, curling up in a ball on the mattress, in the deepest sleep anyones been in ever. He knew his life would be turned upside down from tonight onward, a chaotic first day of school that he probably wasn't prepared for waiting for him.