Confrontation (Reader's POV)

In my head I was screaming. I could feel the fear clutch at my lungs and tears sting my eyes.

Kid scared me.

"Love? Y/N? Is everything okay?"

Kid's voice was filled with panic. But what right did he have to be afraid? He showed up out of nowhere. I thought I was going to be safe, if just for the night. But I was wrong. How could I think he would ever leave me alone? His sick and twisted idea of love would never let me be.

I couldn't hold my tears back any longer, and they streamed down my face.

Kid's eyes were filled with panic, but very quickly he calmed back down.

"Shh, shh, it's okay. I'm here now. No one can hurt you. It's safe with me." He said, crawling across the counter top to hug me. I wanted to jerk away, but I couldn't. I was still frozen.

His familiar warmth and smell enveloped me, even though I could no longer find comfort in it.

After a minute of sitting in silence, Kid pulled away from me. "What did they do to you?"

My eyes stayed forward, and my words remained lodged in my throat.

Suddenly the panic and worry in Kid's eyes was replaced with anger. "They hurt you, didn't they?"

Even though I could look at him now, I couldn't speak. I was pleading with him to not do anything, even if no words left my lips.

"Who was it?"

I could only shake my head.

"Don't protect them. They don't deserve it. I'm going to ask you again, who was it?"

One word escaped my lips.

"No." A prayer to a god who wouldn't listen.

"Stop. You can't protect them. You come first. You always have. This is the last time I'm going to ask you. Who was it?"

"Please," I was full on sobbing now, shaking my head, "it was no one. No one hurt me."

"That can't be true. Or else you wouldn't be like this right now. You would be okay. I've known you for a very long time, Y/N. Someone did something. Now, who was it?"

"It-," the words fought against my lips, "it was you."