Prologue

Inverness 1948

Frank moves quickly through the hospital hall, looking for a nurse. Seeing one and explaining who he was, a doctor comes and speaks with him briefly before he is shown to a room. Slowly, he enters and sees Claire sitting up in her bed, looking out the window. Just wanting to get his wife away somewhere where both of them feel safe, Frank suggests returning to the old friend's house. Reverend Wakefield's house.

Days have gone by, and the Reverend's house is tense. Claire keeps her nose in books, and Frank simply watches her from the window inside.  He doesn't know what to do or how to approach her. Where has she been, and what has happened to her, "Has she said anything," the Reverend asks.

"No, she just keeps looks at the books you have."

"Don't you think it is time," he gently pushes, "some that you can figure out how to move forward together? The two of you as a family."

The two of them...

The two of them, "Isabella," he whispers.

"What was that?"

"Isabella," he turns and looks at Reverend Wakefield, "Where is Isabella?"

***********************************************************************************************

Hello, my lovely readers. This is a reminder that this is the Second book of this series based on the Outlander series and CANNOT be read as a stand-alone. The first book is titled The Cries of an Outlander Lass. Please go and read that one before getting into this one.