Prologue

Long ago in a galaxy far, far away...

THE LOST TWENTY FIRST

The formidable Separatist leader and former Jedi master Count Dooku has been slain at the hand of knight Anakin Skywalker during a desperate mission to rescue the Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, kidnapped by the terrifying half cyborg General Grievous and his droid army. Grevious flees the scene, while Skywalker and Kenobi are left to land the remnants of The Invisible Hand in the galactic capital and save the Chancellor.

The Jedi council continues the search for the Sith Lord Darth Sidious, believing that they are closer than ever before to identifying the greatest threat to the Galactic Republic. Mace Windu seeks the assistance of the newly appointed Jedi Master Kenobi, hoping to prevent the resulting catastrophe of the revenge of the Sith...

"Yes, Lord Sidious, we will do as you ask." Nute Gunray nodded hastily, his red orbs for eyes fixated on the small, light blue projection of a hooded figure. Following the demise of Count Dooku, the Trade Federation had grown more dependent on the direct command of the Sith Lord Sidious. The Neimoidian species are known for their cold cost-reward calculations and the Viceroy was unable to imagine a task that would prove a higher risk than refusing to carry out the will of the Sith Lord. Anything he could ask, Gunray would agree to.

"Excellent." A faint incline appearing at the corners of the hologram's thin lips, "General Grievous will converge with you and make good use of your droids once you rebuild your army - you will take orders from him until further notice."

"Of course." Gunray bowed, hiding the unease on his wrinkled, green face. Grievous was a disturbing creature; despite being mostly cyborg, his pulsing hatred for Jedi and burning thirst to bring them to their end was living and exuding from his every, snarling breath. Gunray had cooperated with the general on several occasions, fueling Grevious' attacks with his droids and ships, but he wished such events would become progressively infrequent. Gunray's scales shuddered at even the thought of him. Although, it would be a lie to say that the Viceroy would be opposed to seeing the light sabres of some very specific Jedi become trophies on the nightmarish General's belt.

"Your loyalty to the separatists will be rewarded handsomely, once I finish preparing my new apprentice."

"I am very pleased to hear that you have found a suitable candidate to replace Count Dooku, sir." The Viceroy let out a sigh of relief, hoping this meant that he wouldn't have to face and cooperate with Griveous for very long.

A short and contorted cackle escaped Sidious, "The power of Tyranus was barely adequate to that of a louse compared to the wrath of the next Sith lord." a full grin formed across his shadowed face, "He is not Darth Tyranus' replacement, rather the late lord was merely a placeholder."

Gunray bunched his puffed lips. Silent. How could this apprentice be so powerful? Dooku was near unstoppable, even in his aged approach. He clenched his slimy palms together, fidgeting with one of his fat fingers. But then his big eyes widened further, as a revolting smile formed on his neimoidian face. Could this new apprentice bring that arrogant, prancing fool Skywalker to his knees?

"That will be all, Viceroy." Sidious interrupted the developing visions in Gunray's mind, "I have other matters to attend to."

"Of course, my lord." Gunray bowed again, until the light blue figure dissipated.

Straightening his headpiece, the Viceroy turned to face the commanding officer of the ship stood by the railings to the platform they were on, overlooking the control center, "Order an immediate change of course."

The officer straightened, "Where to, sir?"

"The Mustafar system."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! I am very excited about getting back to writing fanfiction - hopefully you were intrigued by this new story

Thank you for reading! I am very excited about getting back to writing fanfiction - hopefully you were intrigued by this new story. This is my first attempt at writing anything to do with Star Wars which I think is quite exciting.

I hope to update every Friday :)

Till next time <3