〔 三 〕 as the phoenix rises

A storm was brewing

A storm was brewing.

It was still autumn. The forest was ambient red and orange, and becoming more alive as the sound of wind whispered to the trees. It was always a perfect synthesis of peace. Pushed by the winds, the leaves took their flight for they were brave enough to take the fall. Unsteadily, wandering, moving to the other side of time. It didn't matter where would they go, they did it with courage to seize the freedom.

Today, was the last day of Minato being a jōnin, for tomorrow, it would be his ascension being a Hokage. It had been his long-time dream, and within less than a day, it would turn into a reality.

Of course, Akane was ecstatic about it, but she also knew the unfavorable advantages it would bring: his time for the family would be undeniably limited. Her father hadn't taught her enough about the jutsu that was compatible with her abilities. And she was hopeful if he could teach her at least one or two techniques.

Tomorrow was a special day, thus the family decided to have an advance celebration. A small picnic was enough, just to enjoy the lively colors of the fall. Minato's team was invited as well—Kakashi and Rin. Although the atmosphere was quite different, for another student of him—Obito—didn't triumph in the recent war.

The morning sun was still young as they arrived at the area they desired to be. There was a merry breakfast full of laughter and smiles.

After a few hours, the group had split. Minato was with Kakashi, discussing with some matters regarding tomorrow's inauguration. Kushina was accompanied by Rin, teaching the lass how to knit a scarf.

Meanwhile, Akane had isolated herself. She wandered quite far from them, just to marvel the free and untamed nature. Painting the panoramic view in her mind, a new revelation entered her thoughts. As the seasons changed, time remained unchanging. Time was constant, intangible, but through the season, it could prove its existence.

Although it was overwhelming for the kid to think that each second passing by, all life would step a little closer to death, she couldn't help it.

She sighed heavily, feeling like all of her life energy had slipped out of the tips of her fingers.

As to her solution, the red-haired little damsel let herself fell on the bed of greyish-green grass where brittle leaves of autumn took its lay. The grass felt so warm in her skin, something tickling. She closed her eyes, feeling the sunlight on her face.

Akane had to be alone often, because this was how she refueled herself from her own thoughts. She needed an enormous amount of time to reflect and to daydream. Solitude was her way to commune with the falling leaves, singing birds, whimsical winds, and flowing time.

While romanticizing the solitude, Akane's mind leaped to those times when she started training her kunai and shuriken throwing with Itachi. It was a precious thing. Itachi was kind and patient enough to dedicate his time to her.