Chapter 11 - A Life in Imladris

Third Age, 2856
Anaynah at 6 years of age,
Rivendell

Amid the gardens, the fresh snow had coated the courtyards of Rivendell.

    A small child, no older than the age of 6, walked alongside a beautiful brown-haired Elleth

A small child, no older than the age of 6, walked alongside a beautiful brown-haired Elleth. Their footsteps trailed behind them in the snow as they walked hand in hand through the gardens.

Perched up on a balcony, Lord Elrond intently watched his daughter walk alongside a young Anaynah across the snowy paths.

"It is kind of Arwen to comfort the child." The Lady Galadriel spoke as she too watched the pair from above. They smiled at the sight, "much she had lost that night, and I do believe she cannot comprehend a single thing."

"I am proud of her, she appears to be quite fond of her." The Lord replied as he stepped into the chambers from out of the cold, the warm heart of the fire instantly soothing his icy skin.

"As you should be." Galadriel sighed as her eyes stayed fixated upon the child, "Poor soul, her life before, now nothing but a memory, with naught any knowledge of what will become of her." her voice solemn as she spoke.

"And what is your wish to become of her?"
Galadriel did not answer.

It had been a week since Lord Elrond and Gandalf had brought Anaynah to Imraldris after finding her in Bree after the burning of the village near Sarn Ford.
After a lengthy journey, they returned with the girl to Rivendell, hoping to provide her with sanctuary.
The Lady of the Light had arrived just that day with her niece from Lothlórien, eager to finally see the child with her own eyes and to determine the fate of her.

Galadriel continued to examine the girl who now watched in wonder as snowflakes began to dance around her. Elrond huffed at his mother-in-law's secretiveness.

"Elladan and Elohir have returned from their search as you know, unfortunately, their efforts to find Ahriman were in vain. After weeks of tracking him, they say it is as if he has vanished but once again."

"We know not how nor why Ariman has risen."

"Do we not?" Elrond asked quickly, causing Galadriel to pause on the thought for a moment.

"We shall not dwell on what knowledge we do not possess, but rather focus on the chance we have before us." Galadriel nudged her down below to Anaynah. Elrond paced across the room in angst.

"Even if this is the prophesied one-"

"She is."

"Even so, there is no telling the path she shall choose. A child she is. She is not knowledgeable, she is blind to this evil nor is she aware of the power she will possess one day-"

"Which is why it is of most importance that she is showered with guidance and knowledge. Young Anaynah must be trained in the ways of Elven battle, she must be knowledgeable about our world and when the time comes, she must be told of her destiny." Galadriel finally turned to Elrond, stepping back inside the warm room.