16. Hangover

I wake up to the sound of a blender and groan. It feels like there's tiny people drilling into my head and the noise is not making anything better.

Ana makes her way into the room, "Good morning," she says cheerily as she pulls open the curtains.

I hiss at the light, pulling the blanket over my head. I try to speak, but my tongue is stuck to the roof of my mouth since it's so dry.

"I take it you had a fun night?" she asks, her gaze landing on the tequila bottle.

"Yes," I say hoarsely, rubbing my temples. "But I am not having a good morning."

"That's the punishment for having a good night," Ana laughs and the tiny people keep drilling in my head. "Come eat something, you'll feel better."

"I can't move," I try blocking my eyes with my arm, but it does little to block the pain.

Ana makes her way over, pulling me up by my arms and dragging me into the kitchen. "Wash your face and rinse your mouth, you'll feel a little better."

"I don't think I'll ever feel better," I say, but do as she says anyways. Why did I drink so much last night? I end up seated at the island and rest my head on the cool marble which offers some relief for my head. I lift my head slightly, the marble is so shiny, I can almost see my reflection and it is not pretty.

She slides a glass with some green liquid over to me. "Here, it's a smoothie."

I cautiously sniff it, my stomach roiling. I push it away, but she gives me a look which makes me reluctantly take a sip. I almost gag because it tastes like grass. "This is awful." I say.

"I know, but it'll make you feel better." She also pulls out the Tylenol, which I gratefully accept.

I make slow progress on my green juice, and when I'm nearly done, she sets a plate of toast in front of me. I pick it up and take slow bites staring into space and contemplating my choices.

There's a groaning sound as Ice makes his way into the kitchen and takes a seat next to me. "I'm never drinking again." He rubs his eyes. He looks as terrible as I feel, all disheveled and out of it.

Ana seems unsurprised by his presence, setting a glass of the green juice and a plate of toast in front of him.

"Morning Ana," he croaks, pulling the green juice to him. He examines it, gags, then sets it down.

"Good morning Ice," she says, amusement dancing in her eyes. "I trust you slept well?"

"No," he shakes his head, then winces, rubbing his temples. "My head feels like there's an elephant stepping on it."

"Me too," I nibble my toast, which is gone cold.

He looks like he's about to say something, but instead gags, slamming a hand over his mouth. Clutching his stomach, he races into the nearby bathroom where he proceeds to loudly vomit.

He comes back to the kitchen a few minutes later, and Ana forces him to drink water and eat something. I kinda want to laugh at him, but my head hurts too much to do anything.

Ana takes care of us like a pro, forcing us upstairs to take showers and change, and making sure we eat. I lowkey feel like a little kid being fussed over like this, and she has us all settled on the sofa so she "can keep an eye" on us.

I pick up my phone, sending a picture to my friends. I really do look like garbage. Madison and Matteo each send me separate angry texts for doing this to them but I don't really care though because a) my head hurts too much, and b) this is for their own happiness.