56 - Immensely Loveable

Fraser

"Alright, so there are many ways to go about this, and every way is different." I surmise, hands on my hips as the village below bustles with life.

Ailsa's eyes light up, and she smiles a soft smile that would melt anyone's heart, but especially mine.

Now I know why I'm stuck in this mess to begin with, I cannot seem to say no to this girl.

The love of my life, my mate, I will give her whatever it is she desires should it be in my power.

"Yeah!" Gavin butts in, grinning. "Most of us enjoy finding a pub and finding a drunk human to feed from, but your male has a different, much creepier approach."

I relax my face before I let my anger get the best of me before I do something that I'll regret.

"Not creepy, but less intimate. I personally liked to find humans alone before I feed. You must simply find what works best for you." I explain, not knowing what to recommend or start her on.

I tried my best to get Ailsa to only rely on me for feeding, but quickly realized that it wasn't sustainable at the moment. Ailsa needs more blood than a regular vampire, since she was recently created. I couldn't keep up with her need for blood. And so, I must teach her to hunt until her hunger levels out.

"For instance, most female vampires dress like a tavern wench and lead away unsuspecting men before pushing them into a dark alley and feasting from them." Alec provides, and Ailsa's mouth falls open.

I press a hand to my mate's shoulder, turning her away from her other as I shoot the males of my clan a glare.

"Don't give her any ideas." I insist, making sure they understand how serious I am, but all they do is snicker and exchange grins. I point a finger at Alec. "I still haven't decided if I should forgive you or not."

I turn to Ailsa, running my hand down the back of her head and hair as I settle on what to say next.

"It's all about what is most comfortable, lass. If a certain method isn't working, then you can always change it. Humans become drunken when you bite them, confused even, so they won't remember anything about you." I explain slowly, hating the thought of her biting anyone that isn't me.

I shake my head, feeling stupid and possessive like a mate does.

Her blonde eyebrows turn up, producing that crease between them that drives me crazy.

"But, I didn't feel that way when you fed from me when I was a human?"

I smile, thinking of the only good times I spent down in that hell hole. Any time I thought I couldn't go on any longer, any time I thought I was close to going completely mad, she would appear; and then everything felt like it was okay again.

"Because, you're my mate. We shouldn't be able to forget any moment spent together."

"Oh, moon goddess, I'm going to be sick."

"Can't you save that for later?"

"Just wait until you find your mate, Nairn, you'll act the same way."

"I wouldn't bet on it. Pigs will fly before I snuggle up to a lass like a love sick kitten."

"That just means you'll fall the hardest, my friend."

My friends bicker while Ailsa meets my eyes, silently pleading.

"I just, I just want to try." She murmurs, I lead her away while the others are distracted, leaving down so I we can talk quietly.