Chapter 8: Can't have a date in this city

Roman's and Neo's official introduction in Japan's crminal underworld was, least to say, a skyrocketing succes. After all, you'd leave an impression if you do something like they did.

Now they are more open with their operations. Fortunately, tge police is just as clueless as the ome back on Renmant.

They've also gotten an offer from an crminal group of yakuza known as Shie Hasakai, but ultimately refused. The leader of them just rubbed Roman the wrong way.

For now they have comitted various thefts to grow their suplied. Eventually, when they're all set, Roman does plan to move into dome smuggling.

The more pressing supllies are actually for Melodic Cudgel. In the absence of Dust they could steal from practically anywhere, they had to do with other means of charging the cannon part of the cane.

That's why Neo liked Hush so much. Being a bladed weapon and a sword doesn't make it as hard to maintain. Well, that and because Roman had gifted it to her towards the beggining of their partnership.

They were meet by some retaliation from the heroes, of course. But having already enough informations about them, it was pretty easy to deal with them.

That only served to enchance their names through the crminal world. It was like they were back home in Vale, having build back their reputation.

Of course, with the exception of being invaded by swarms of grimm. Roman just hopes it'll stay that way. He's not sure what those guys plan with Nomu and he doubts the one Tomura controlled back than was the only one.

Now he began to wonder what happened after their departure from Renmant. Just how did Vale end up?

Well, it'd be a lie to say Roman really cares about the cassualities. However, he does hope for Junior's Bar to not have taken a heavy hit.

Junior, despise handling out shitty henchmen, was an pretty alright guy and a trustworthy informant. Melanie and Militia, as much as the brats annoyed him, had formed a bond with the ginger when he was still part of Spiders. While their relationship soured after he left, he can't say he'd be happy if they died.

But he really hopes Cinder died. Or at least got seriously crippled. That bitch deserves it after all that she's been putting them go through.

On another note, having finished their quota the two had decided to go on a date. With all the founding of a new criminal empire, they haven't had time for themselves as of late.

Usually, having becoming such widely known criminals would make it difficult for them. However, Neo' Overactive Imagination is useful in an many number of ways.

After walking around the city the two now sat on a bench. Roman enjoyed a cigarette while Neo snuggles up to him.

Roman:You know, I'm happy we finally can spend some time just relaxing. Almost forgot how hard the start is. At least back than I had mobey saved up beforehand.

Neo looked up at Roman, hands on her hips. The ginger let out a puff of smoke, chuckling with his eyes closed.

Roman:Come on, Ice-cream...It goes without saying that I'd have been toast without you.

Neo huffed with a smirk on her face, her chest puffing in pride. However, their wholesome moment was cut short by an loud explosion.

Roman:Ugh, what now?

Turning their heads they saw the city in panic. The place wax being ravaged by Nomus.

Although they were sharing the same traits like grotesque skin looking glued to the musles, exposed brain and large teeth, they all looked different. Hell, there was even a green one flying. Beyond that, not one of them was as strong as the one back ar USJ.