Chapter Two: A Very Boring Ride

June 12th

4:50 pm/1650 hours

Ben's POV:

"Alright people quit dilly dallying, and get onboard," Cyrus Hale growled. 

Our car had glided to a stop in the middle of the field. There was a pure white jet, a  and I mean completely white, with no marks except for an archway outline a few feet after the wing on the side that was facing us, and a large outline at the back that looked like it opened into a ramp that could fit 2 cars side by side. The outline on the side of the plane had opened up with a slight hiss, creating a ramp, 

"Um I hate to ask, but where are we going?" I asked the group at large. 

"And where the heck did we get such a nice plane?" Mike added, "Wouldn't this have been useful for getting here?" All the Hales except Trixie exchanged a look that I could not read for the life of me.

"I know you are all very confused, but I must ask that you please cooperate," Catherine said in a slightly pleading tone, "Everything will be explained once we are airborne."  We walked up the ramp and saw the inside of the nicest plane I had ever seen. The entrance alone was amazing with white walls and ceilings. It had dark brown wood floors that didn't let out a single squeak as our party of 9 walked into a hall and entered the first room off the hallway. Zoe's jaw actually dropped. The walls were a sleek very very light gray and the ceilings were a clean white. Instead of the typical airplane seats in rows, there were around 16 of the softest and whitest First Class Plane seats I had ever seen surrounding a large glass oval table with dark brown legs starting from the middle and jutting out to the left and right. Zoe quickly closed her mouth, and Cyrus took the seat closest to the door. The rest of the Hale family besides sat also sat down, besides Trixie and Erica. 

(The Seating Chart)

(The Seating Chart)

(The Chairs, sorry its so blurry)

Erica led me over to the side of the table farther from the door next to Catherine before sitting on my left, her hand still in mine. No one took the head of the table. 

Not having any one to lead them, Mike, Trixie and Zoe were just standing by the door, being judged by Cyrus. After 29.89384 seconds of waiting for them, "Hurry up and sit down, it's not that difficult."Cyrus grunted. Mike, Trixe and Zoe all looked quite confused. However, not wanting to face Cyrus's wrath again, they quickly obliged.

"Now any questions that you have will be answered soon, you just have to be patient," Catherine said, looking at me, Mike, Trixie, and Zoe. I signed and looked out the window past Erica. I realized that we were traveling upward through clouds. At that point I noticed that I know longer heard a faint humming and was about to ask when my question was answered for me, "We are officially at our cruising altitude, feel free to move around the aircraft." The voice came from the speakers all around the room. At that point. Cyrus and Mary got up quickly and exited the room. Alexander and Catherine moved to follow them, but then right before leaving Catherine paused, turned to us, and said, "Erica will answer all of your questions." 

We all turned to Erica who just looked at us in a slightly defeated way before saying, "Don't talk over each other." 

Suddenly the question that had been in the back of my mind ever since it happened spilled from my mouth, "Who did Catherine ask you to call earlier?"

 Erica turned to me and took a deep breath, like she was nervous about how I would react, "Remember when we were on that middle school bus and you asked me if I had any other siblings?" I nodded, "Well I lied," Erica continued. Even if I had wanted to say something I didn't get the chance because she was still talking, "I have an older sister, her name is Astra Hale and she is known as the top sky currently in the government and one of the top spies in US history. That's who my Mom wanted me to talk to."

"Wait," Mike said, "Is she better than Cyrus?" Erica didn't answer. 

"Okay moving on," Mike continued, looking shocked, "Where the heck are we going?"

Erica gave a hint of a smile, "To the place I grew up in." I was not alone in being very surprised by this. I could hear Mike and Zoe both audibly  gasp and I saw Trixie open her mouth but then quickly close it. 

Erica turned to me, "What time is it?" 

"5:00 pm," I answered instinctively.

"Right so we should be landing in around 2 hours, and when we get to our destination, you need to follow me. It will be easy for the 3 of you to get lost where we're going." She stood up and let go of my hand, which instantly made me a lot colder, "Now I need to go check on something but I will be back in 118 minutes to lead you," and with that she excited the room through the door. 

Mike immediately turned to Trixie, "Did you know about this?" 

Trixie shrugged, "I mean I've been going to boarding school since I was 5 and even before that I rarely saw Erica or Astra. I always thought they were also going to boarding school, but I guess not. As far as some super secret house, I was never allowed to come back for Christmas and during my 2 month summer break I spent it Dad and only saw them a few  times." Mike seemed to accept this as an answer and didn't say anything. 

No one did, for the next 116.5232 minutes until Erica came back. It was incredibly boring 

Zoe's POV: 

The silence after Trixie's explanation allowed me to at least begin to process what was happening.

(I took heavy inspiration from @zan233 oneshot here, so thank you for the idea, I love your book!) 

I'm pretty sure we are going to Erica's house, though why everyone was acting so secretive about it was beyond me, to hide out from the crazy conspiracy theorists that thought we were aliens. 

This was going to be very interesting. 

Mostly because being coped up with a bunch of people who everyone was in various states of closeness with, was guaranteed to bring drama. Even though things are fine now, besides me everyone was in a relationship. I mean the chance of anything happening to Cyrus and Mary was extremely low. But everyone else? Totally could happen. I don't know much about Catherine and Alexander, but I do know there is a lot of history between them and in the past they have been their relationship has been quite unstable so plenty of things could happen there. Not to mention the other 2 relationships. How often does teenage romance do well in a situation like this? Really not often at all. I mean I'm not going to say that I really want Erica and Ben to break up so I can date him, but like I wouldn't be mad. However Mike and Trixie are definitely the most unstable, even if we weren't about to spend an extended period of time locked up together. From what Mike has told me, this is the first time they are spending more than 2 minutes, if that, in each other's presence, ever. Other than that they were just texting each other. So yeah I would definitely say there is a high chance there will be drama. 

(All characters belong to Stuart Gibbs, I only own the plot and Astra Hale the character.)