forty-nine.

:::

:::

"Damn! I'm giving you a boost but you're not going anywhere. Shit!" Adam March stood in a back alley in the middle of the night, his teeth grit as he pushed his sister up towards a window. The plan was for June to open the window, climb through, and then let him in. The plan was not going as easily as either of them had hoped. "What are you—are you trying to step on my shoulder?"

"Shut the fuck up! Jesus when I did this with Zach he was way quieter than your loud ass!" She argued back, her voice a hushed whisper as she attempted to use his shoulder to help herself up. When she had broken into Hardy's office with Zach she had done it alone, but that was not something Adam needed to know, he just needed to know he was doing a bad job.

"Oh so Zach was an accomplice to your felony arson...he's been denying it for months." June attempted to kick him in the face, the boy pushing her foot out of his face and grabbing her by the legs, using all of his strength to push her into the window. The window was small and rather high up, June sliding through it and into the bathroom. She hit the floor with a thud, groaning as she rubbed a spot on her back where she had hit the sink on the way down. She pushed herself up slowly, looking back at the sink to make sure she didn't break it before pulling the door open. She hurried to the back door, pulling it open and looking at her brother with a wide smile. "Why are you so excited about breaking and entering?"

"Because I'm excited about what's inside here. Now come on slow ass." June said, pulling her brother inside by the front of his shirt. She closed the door behind him,  tiptoeing down the hallway just in case  someone was in there for some unknown reason. It was an older building, built more like an office space than a store. She stepped on a board and it freaked, the girl cringing as she sent a look back at her brother. The second she made eye contact with him she punched him, the idiot wearing a ski mask over his face.  "You're an idiot."

"They could have cameras. Now you're going to jail and I'm not." He shoved her by the shoulder, the girl bumping into the wall and turning around as quickly as possible to get in his face.

"Jesus when did you become such a pussy?" She asked, pushing the office door open and waiting to go inside. His finger lifted in front on their faces and he furrowed his eyebrows,  not that she could see it.

"Okay that was rude." He said, the girl rolling her eyes as she pushed the door open the rest of the way. They both went inside and he closed the door behind him as quietly as possible, the girl already trying to find what the key in her pocket could possibly go to.

"We're looking for a safe or something, needs to be opened by a key. Check behind pictures and stuff...you never know where it could be hiding in these places." Adam nodded at her instructions, his eyes scouring the walls of the office. It looked a lot like their dads office, the bookshelf, the globe, the glossy wooden desk and the maps used for decoration on the walls. Whoever's office this was...they were a fan of decorating.