Chapter 3

I felt the cold dirt against my cheek as I realized where I am. Jupiter's arms were wrapped around my waist and my hand was still inside of my father's large cold one. I shifted but Jupiter pulled me closer to him. He grunted sleepily when I pried  his arms off of me. I stood and looked down and felt the sadness overwhelm me again. We walked sadly away from my parents back to base. I called a pack meeting. I told them I was the new Alpha and we need to have the crowning ceremony. We all got ready, I got dressed in a red strapless dress and heels with gold accessories. Jupiter walked into my tent  in a formal suit and took my hand without saying a word. We walked out together, hand in hand, he would be the new Beta as well. I took the white rose from the basket when we got to the place where my parents were killed. I took out a pocket knife and pressed it against my thumb until it broke the skin. It started to rain and the droplets slid down the rose with ease. I took my bloody thumb and rubbed it across the rose until it was red. I set down the rose in the river near by and watched the blood wash away as a sign of the new generation of the Alpha. Then i took the rose and set it on my father's chest. There were scattered claps among the pack. I felt tears sit on the brim of my eyes. Jupiter did basically did the same thing. The same claps scattered.  Pulled me into a tight hug, I let the tears fall. Jupiter looked up and wiped my tears. i felt his blood dry on my face making a mark. He sadly chuckled forgetting about the blood. I dotted his nose with my thumb and laughed loudly. He yelled with power "THIS MEANS WAR!" Which made me laugh harder. He scooped me up over his shoulder and walked towards the river. "NO, JUPITER PUT ME DOWN NOW!" "OK" He said a little too sly to be comforting. He threw me back over his shoulder and i felt the frigid water submerge me. I let out a little girl squeal. I stood up and gasped, looking at Jupiter on the ground laughing. I grabbed his ankle and pulled him into the water. He stood up next to me and when our eyes met we knew our mission. We jumped out and grabbed different people from our pack and threw them in until all of us were laughing and wrestling in the frigid water.