Life Log #1

Dear diary, or whatever you want to call this. I'll just call this a logbook. I'll go and record all of the events here, starting from the moment Zoe Smith found me in the middle of nowhere. That will include some of the dialogues that I could still remember.

I was stranded in a remote area, with nowhere else to go. I've been running away for 12 hours.

12 hours earlier:
I woke up, with my head bleeding. It was around 6 in the morning when I checked my nearly-broken watch. I freaked out seeing my family unconscious. My dad was impaled by a tree branch. My mom, on the other hand, had glass stabbed all over her body. I was at the back of the car with my siblings that night. We were about to go to a cabin in Lake Michigan to spend a week there.

I didn't know what to do. I tried to feel their pulses, but I felt nothing. My sister wasn't moving. My little brother, on the other hand, was nowhere to be found in the car. I quickly ran out of the car before it exploded right in front of me. My heart shattered into tiny bits as I stared into the burning pile.

12 hours later, I'm still trying to find a way to get home. It was taking a long time for me to walk, so I decided to do one thing: Hitchhiking. It took about 10 cars before a kind lady let me into her vehicle.

"Hey kid, are you lost?"

"Yeah."

"Where are your parents?"

"Dead." I couldn't help but cry in front of her.

"Do you have any family left?"

"No. I don't know."

"Oh my, poor kid. Here, hop in." She opens the door to her dark purple Toyota and took me in. She continued driving.

"My name is Zoe Smith. What's yours?"

"I'm Taylor."

"So, what's a girl like you doing in the middle of the road?"

"I'm a boy."

"/Well that's surprising. You sound like a girl. How old are you?"

"15."

"Puberty didn't even bother to deepen your voice."

"The doctor told me I had thin vocal cords."

"What's with the long hair?"

"I'm too lazy to get a haircut."

"No s***. What is it, really?"

"I don't want people looking at my face."

"Can I take a look?" She asked. "It's okay, I won't bite."

"Okay."

She touches my hair to take a quick look on my face.

"Hell, you even look like it."

"When I was in middle school, kids used to bully me for how feminine I looked. Usually, my classmates. But in high school, other boys in school would try to ask me out, thinking I was a girl. I tried finding ways to hide it, but I guess it just made it way more obvious for criticism. I made it worse, didn't I?"

"Well, you do look like you need food. Tell ya what, I'll get you some food when we get home."

"Thanks, ma'am."

"Call me Zoe."

"Thanks, Zoe."

She drove to the scenic route before taking us back to her place. She parked her car inside her garage. She led me to the door that led to the interior of the house. My eyes widened when I saw how beautiful the place looked.