13 - you dont know?

izzy sat at lindsey's kitchen island, balancing herself on the stool as she watched her friends. mak sat on chris' lap, the two bickering over something or other while nick chimed in to mess with chris every few seconds. gian and calum sat together as he helped her pick out her instagram photos (a task which calum did not take lightly). jameson and lindsey were fighting over the last twisted tea even though they all knew lindsey would win in the end, and jaden, nick and matt were watching jersey shore.

the whole summer group was together, and as it was coming to a close, izzy couldn't help but feel nostalgic. she wouldn't consider herself a particularly sentimental person, but this was the last time they would all be together like this. the majority of them starting college in the fall, or getting jobs in other towns, and the triplets moving to la to do youtube. everyone was just gonna be so busy, izzy couldn't shake the feeling that this summer would be the last time they could all make it.

she also couldn't take her mind off matt. she knew that the party fight should've been done and over but the way he brushed it off and refused to give her closure was bugging her. this might be their last summer and izzy couldn't handle it ending with them like this.

she high fived lindsey when she won the twisted tea, smiling at her best friend while jameson sulked.

"you're really not gonna defend me here?" he pouted to izzy.

"nope" she smiled, "lindsey on top, forever."

"damn" jamie shook his head in defeat, "it really is your own family, just betraying you like that."

she sighed and rolled her eyes, "fine. linds, let him have a sip."

lindsey groaned, "okay ONE sip, that's it."

"yes!" jameson cheered, smiling like a little kid on christmas.

"yo," chris called out, "you guys ready?"

everyone simultaneously said yes and grabbed their beach bags as the group set out for a beach day. izzy hoped off the stool, ready to leave with them. she was almost out the door when matt grabbed her arm pulling her back. he waited until they had all left before starting.

"are you okay, bells?" he asked.

"yeah," she lied before thinking again, "actually no."

"what's wrong?" he sounded so concerned izzy almost wanted to punch him.

"because-" she halted, an answer not coming to mind, "because you."

"me?"

"yes, you," she repeated, "i have been totally bugging out over what you said at the party and everytime i try to bring it up you just brush me off."

"well what the fuck so you want me to say?" he immediately got defensive.

"your feelings, matt" she answered, "did you mean them or are you just fucking with me?"

"no, no of course i'm not fucking with you" he promised, "it's just- this thing, you and me, it was supposed to be easy. just, i don't know, it got so complicated i didn't know what to do."

"so you dump all your feelings on me and don't let me respond?" she was getting defensive now.

"i gave you a perfectly good opportunity at that party and you just stood there in silence!" he almost yelled.

"well i didn't mean to!" she tried to explain, "i was drunk, and confused and i wasn't ready for all that."

"ready for what?" he asked, "my feelings?"

"not at that exact moment, no i wasn't" she confirmed, "and what are your feelings? because when i ask you just avoid it."

he stammered for a moment, not sure what to say, "i don't know."