C1- Blame Game

Every voice is blurred as your mind tries to clear way to listen to Olive...she was your childhood bestfriend, along with Cal, but after 828 and the callings...you feel as if you guys are splitting apart from being the inseparable trio.

You don't remember a thing, all you know was that you are suddenly grown up.

You appear in the corner of Grace's room ,how? You're not sure...as you look towards her stabbed body. A man that you randomly felt a connection towards , hugged Grace. Your heart sobbed when you heard her say "Cal. Take care of them...and
y/n/n" The man was Cal. You watched your reflection in the mirror, the weak little girl you knew as yourself now gone, replaced with a teenager that seems so powerful and fierce. A tear runs down your cheek when your eyeline meets Grace's. "Y/n" she stutters as her eyelids flutter closed. The man stares at you with scared eyes.
"Y/n/n?" He whispers. "We've gotta go" you say, not leaving an explanation to the poor man who just lost his mother, you heard the police sirens, they might think that you guys were responsible for the death. So you run, not saying another word, too confused, and too shocked with grief. Till you guys come back into the house.

What if I lose my mother? 828 did nothing for her cancer unlike Cal...

You think.

"This is all your fault!" You hear an angered voice coming from Olive. You watch as Cal sobbs and leans down on the wall, having a breakdown...

He didn't know. Neither did any of us. Whose fault is it? That pathetic Angelina.

Olive storms to her room as Michaela and Zeke follow her. Ben rushes off upstairs, as the police give the family some time and excuse themselves. You're left confused... Comfort Cal? Or rush home to mum?

Cal always feels as if he is a bad person...I can't see him like this...so vulnerable...

Walking towards him, you pick him up from the floor, surprised that when you take him into your arms , he doesn't flinch. He should be scared that you look different and feel different. But he immediately warms up to you. His arms wrapped around your mid back as he sobbed into your neck, you feel warm tears fall from his eyes , dropping to your chest. Playing with his hair lets a comforting sensation spill through your body.

"Cal?"

He hummed in response.

"None of this is your fault ...okay, you trusted Angelina, and trust is a very crucial thing, I know a lot about that. The callings that you had. Angelina helped you. Nobody knew she'd betray us."

You kissed his head.

"I've gotcha back" You murmured into his hair.

"And I'm so sorry" Refering to Grace as he pulled away. He wiped his tears and took a good look at your new figure, finding your new voice comforting and soothing, your words kept him safe, reassuringly Cal nodded his head and gave you a big hug before letting go.

"We'll find Eden too" you stuttered while looking into his mesmerising eyes.

Not sure with what happend to your body, you left without saying goodbye to anyone, this was too much, you head home to your mum.

God, what is wrong with life?!

Then you stopped dead in your tracks. Would your mum recognise you the way Grace recognized Cal?
Your mum's vision was getting terrible with the cancer. She'd let you go out to the Stone's house since you lived a block away, you walked, but whenever you returned , she couldn't recognise when you'll sit by her bed. Until you told her who you are, she was at peace.

Oh,shit...shit shit shit! She won't know me!

Thinking of an idea, you decided to stay at the Stone's house, and come up with a plan to tell her anything that will make her believe it's her little y/n . Whenever she had callings , she'd tell you about it, so you could solve it, even as a 10 year old, no calling was tough for you to solve.

But now I'm...by the looks of it...the age I would've been without flight 828...so 15? Cal's 15 too ... probably. But I can't leave mum alone, I should just plan what to do at Olive's house... Gosh, this is messed up ...

Suddenly, you heard a manly and strong voice.
"Y/N, come inside." It was Zeke, he watched as you hesitated.

She'd probably think that I'm on a sleepover, yeah! but what If she heard the police? Oh, come on. I'm tired.

You walk next to Zeke and he asks you "Worried about
Y/mum's/n?"

"Yeah , but she'll be fine. I ordered takeout. It's on the table by her bed" you mutter, softly, a bit disturbed by the events of today.

"Y'know she should be in a hospital." Zeke states.

"We have a personal doctor, buddy." You say as you nudge Zeke due to his forgetfulness.

"Mhm...but the results are the same though..." He sighs

"Always, she has cancer and it's getting worse" You mimick what the doctor always says.

But the doctor isn't at home, its 9:00 which is leaving time for him. Mum will be fine. Right?

Zeke opens the door, once you lay on the couch you fall asleep.

Zeke picks you up and goes to Cal's room, knowing that you can't sleep by Olive because Michaela is there. He knows that you'll feel safe with Cal. You always are, he can feel on how comfortable and happy you get when you see Cal.

"Hey, Cal, sorry to disturb, but can y/n/n sleep in your room today? Mick is with Ol."

Cal nods quickly , flustered at the thought of waking up to the new y/n.

"It'll all be okay, bud" Zeke assures before leaving the room.

You tumble and turn, eventually finding a body in the bed you're in. You pull the body closer, peacefully falling asleep, not knowing that the body is Cal, who is blushing madly and squirming against your gentle and tender body.

~chapter 2 will soon be uploaded~

Word count: 1046 (including all author notes)