𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕺𝖓𝖊

꧁༺ 𝐈𝐧 𝐀 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐎𝐟 𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐎𝐰𝐧 ༻꧂

It was a beautifully sunny springtime, when it was time for Alex's history lesson. The warm sun shone down upon the river, and th swans it welcomed glided along it gracefully. The willow trees danced along with the gentle breeze that swayed it's delicate branches. The bees and the butterflies all greeted the field of friendly flowers, with a soft pollen-borrowing kiss. However, Alex and Y/n were too preoccupied to take in all of Mother Nature's heavenly gifts. It was their history lesson.

"..'leaders, and had been of late much accustomed to usurpation and conquest. Edwin and Morcar, the earls of Mercia and Northumbria declared for him, and even Stigand'-" Margaret Kingsleigh read, from one of the many history books that lived and collected dust on the large shelf in the Kingsleigh household. Nevertheless, Alex and Y/n were both beginning to get very tired of just sitting on a tree branch by the bank, listening to Alex's sister, and of having nothing to do: once or twice Alex had peeped into the book his sister was reading, but it had no pictures or conversations in it.

"Alex!" Margaret scolded, when Alex's foot dangled down by her. "Hmm..? Oh, we're listening." Alex assured his older sister, with an exhausted sigh.

Alex was a lovely young boy, with short blonde hair and striking blue eyes. At that moment, he wore a long-sleeved white shirt, brown slacks and a light blue Victorian waistcoat. He also wore white knee-length socks, with sensible black shoes.

Though he often wondered what a different life would be like, Alex lived in a sophisticated lifestyle, in London, England. He was highly intelligent, and like any well-raised boy, he was sophisticated and a great thinker for a ten and a half year old child.

Alex was also extremely brave. He was never afraid to venture far out into new places or the unknown, and he would become determined to investigate anything curious that would make him wonder.

Y/n Brooksbank was Alex Kingsleigh's only friend. His best friend. Y/n was a very lovely, pretty, and beautiful young girl with h/l, h/c hair and bright e/c eyes. At that moment, he wore a childish f/c Victorian dress and a white pinafore apron. She also wore white tights with black Mary Jane shoes.

Neither Alex or Y/n had any other friends, nor were they outcasts or loners. Much of Alex's time was spent with Y/n or his family, such as his older sister who often provided Alex and Y/n with daily lessons because the two of them were homeschooled.

Y/n was actually a recurring guest at the Kingsleigh household, since her parents worked a lot. A vast majority of their work involved a lot of travelling, and they couldn't take their daughter. But the Kingsleigh family were always incredibly supportive and welcoming towards the ten year old girl, like her second family. Y/n's daily schedule at the Brooksbank household would consist of breakfast and a cup of tea with her parents, and then straight to the Kingsleigh residence.

The Brooksbank family weren't at all like the Kingsleighs. They were often on the edge of being poor. Their house was quite small, unlike the large Kingsleigh house, and Y/n's parents both needed to work to avoid any evictions. The Brooksbank parents wouldn't receive what they saw as charity from the Kingsleigh family or anybody else for that matter. George Brooksbank, Y/n's father, was especially certain about that because they were so stubbornly adamant on their own independence.

Outwardly, Y/n, much like Alex, was always so proper, well-behaved, well-groomed, and poised. She, Y/n, had a charming elegance and grace beyond her years. She was a devoted lady, who always gave a polite curtsy when she introduced herself. For little children, Alex and Y/n were very well spoken, with natural English accents. They could memorise things very quickly, and recite poetry and nursery rhymes with ease.