Chapter 2: Selfish ( The Kid Laroi)

Madelyn Cline?

She's not looking at me anymore but now I'm looking at her. She realizes and looks back over, so I look back at myself. Once I think she stopped looking at me I look back over but she's not there anymore. Next thing I know someone is right behind me. I jump when the person puts their hands on my back. I look back and I was right, it's the one and only Madelyn Cline. I put my weights down, stand up turning to her.

Atlas: Madelyn!

Madelyn: I thought that was you!

Atlas: Well it's a good thing it was or that woulda been very awkward. What are you doing here?

Madelyn: Filming for Outer Banks season 3 is over so I thought I'd come to New York, I have some friends here.

Atlas: Oh ok, So how have you been?

Madelyn: Not the same without you.

She says in a slightly flirtatious tone.

Now the thing you have to know about me and Madelyn is that when I was living in North Carolina she had just got done filming season 1 of OBX, and I wasn't dating Natasha yet. We met at a bar and we hit it off, we became super good friends. At the time though I was dating Peyton List. After me and Peyton split Madelyn and I started to fool around a little bit, we never ended up dating more like "friends with benefits". We would sometimes find each other in random places, like this, and have a little hook up but then Natasha and I started dating so we stopped.

Madelyn: You and that red head still together?

Atlas: Natasha, and no we uh we actually just broke up yesterday.

Madelyn: Oh, I'm so sorry. Maybe we could go out for coffee sometime.

Atlas: I'm free tomorrow.

Madelyn: Tomorrow. Sounds good, call me.

Atlas: I will.

She starts to walk away, slowly swaying her hips, I can't help but to stare at her butt.

Once I'm done with my workout, it's starting to get dark out, I decide to head back to the compound.

Once I get back I park my car in the parking garage and sit for a few moments trying to make a plan of what I should do. I decide to just go in head strong, who knows maybe she's not even here.

I walk in through the door into the kitchen and grab a little snack. As far as I know no one is here, there weren't even any cars in the garage. Once I get my snack I walk towards the living room to get to my room. The TV is on so I'm a little confused. I look in the chair and no one is in it but then I look at the couch and the exact person I didn't wanna see is there. Natasha.

She notices me and pauses the movie she is watching.

Natasha: Hey. Can we actually talk?

Atlas: I think we've done enough talking for a day.

Natasha: Please, please let me explain.

Atlas: Natasha we already had this conversation earlier, there is nothing else left to be said.

She looks at me like she is going to cry. So I make a confused face.

Atlas: Why are you looking at me like that?

Natasha: You haven't used my name since we started dating.

I know what she is saying. Ever since we started dating I've always called her by a nickname. Nat, Natty, Babe, Honey, ect.

Atlas: Well maybe you should think about these things before you cheat on someone.

She just kinda stares at me. Like she doesn't know what to do or say. Instead of staying down here I just go up to my room for the night.