Prologue

。

。.✦ ☾

A soft rumble of thunder rattled the stained windows of the large and quiet castle, wind brushed open the exposed curtains letting in a sprinkle of rain. Creating a soft and sweet scent of wild berries and dragon scales to fill the room. Ripped tapestry enveloped the feather-covered ground. Blankets were pushed off and forgotten.

The fireplace created a warm glow reflecting against a sweat-glistening back.

A large hand gently cradled the side of a pale face, staring into violet eyes, admiring every fleck of color in his iris. The blond hums and he lowers his head and he softly presses his lips against his.

Fingers touch and grab at exposed skin, pressing and pulling. Aemond pants softly against Baelon's red lips, opening his eyes to continue to stare at his perfect face.

"This is getting sad."

....

Aemonds singular eye opens suddenly, his whole body lurching forward. Stood at the doorway was a gorgeous woman with hair as dark as night and eyes as deep as chocolate.

Aemond raises a slightly freckled hand, glaring harshly at the woman as he pushes back his overgrown hair. "For someone meant to be forty, you have not aged gracefully." She mocks, stepping closer.

Aemond scoffs. He was placed in this cell over twenty years ago, with no sun, and no interaction. And mold grew everywhere. "Who are you." His voice croaked, haven't used it in years.

"The lord Lucerys sent me here to punish you, as was the person before. He believed that I possess certain abilities to inflict pain, he isn't wrong." The woman states, eyeing him with distaste.

Aemond laughs to himself. "Would you believe he used to be such a sweet little boy?" Aemond asks

"He still is, Lucerys Velaryon continues to be the realm's delight, a kind lord to his loyal subjects. And yet you bring a certain darkness out of him, why is that?" She asks

Aemond eyes her, nodding his head. "Tell me your name and I might just tell you." Aemond snaps

The woman smirks evilly. "Alys Rivers, bastard of House Strong." Alys states

Aemonds singular eye widens.

....

Alys watches as Aemond takes in her words, humming to herself, waiting.

"Baelon Velaryon." Aemond croaks

Alys lifts a singular eyebrow, sweeping her long hair over her shoulder. "My dear cousin, the young prince that passed so tragically at the hands of his uncle, I see." Alys hums, chuckling to herself.

Aemond lurches forward in anger, only to be stopped by the chains around his wrists and ankles. Aemond bares his teeth at her. "I DID NOT KILL HIM! I-I didn't...I-I tried to make him understand, to wait for me! We were going to run away! I was going to be happy." Aemond breathes, lowering his head, and closing his eye. He breathes harshly, his chest rising and falling.