〜 chapter six ♡․

𝐜𝐡

𝐜𝐡. 6 ~ 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴...<𝟥
━━ social media, irl

<𝟥━━ social media, irl

aaliyah's pov :

"are you gonna tell me what happened?!", naila asks we speed walk to the car.

"okay so," i start as i slip into the passengers seat, slamming the door.

"remember when i told you i had family here?", i glance at her as i take a sip from my drink.

"yes...," she furrows her eyebrows.

"well more like chosen family- i grew up with them, but they came to la in june of last year and i literally made them promise to keep in contact, even when they got busy. of course we didn't and now i feel...whatever, anyways. i bumped into one of them," i sigh, mixing in the whipped cream.

"shit why didn't you call me? was it awkward?", nai asks, concerned.

"very, but i couldn't help but feel a little giddy. and he kinda invited me to a party he's having," i say, biting back a small smile.

nai gasps, "your first la party!"

"is that like..a stepping stone for people that are new here?", i laugh.

"hell yeah, la parties are just a different breed," nai says excitedly.

"but it's not even gonna be a big party. it's literally a kickback with like no more than fifteen people i think," i shake my head with a laugh.

"don't care. we're going shopping, when is the party?", she asks before taking a long sip of her drink.

"saturday, but i have clothes al-"

"alright we'll go shopping tomorrow so then you'll have time to record and shit thursday," she decides.

"thanks for being considerate of my job i guess?", i furrow my eyebrows, laughing as she simply gives me a thumbs up, frappuccino in her cheek.

"of course," she smiles as she puts the car in drive, pulling away from the coffee shop.

"so..what's the plan for today?", i ask as we come to a red light.