six

Haechan was worried. He tried to contact Yujin, but she wouldn't pick up or text him back. He paced back and forth in his room. His mind was racing with all the possibilities of what could have happened to her. Maybe he was just dramatic but Yujin always texted him right away, so this was unlike her.

When he woke up early the next day, he immediately reached for his phone, hoping to see a message from Yujin. But there was nothing – no text, no call, no notification. Because of that Haechan felt even more worried, but he thought the girl might be busy or need some time to herself.

In the afternoon, Yujin finally responded to Donghyuck's messages. She apologized for not responding earlier and told him that she's fine but she didn't tell him why she hadn't texted him back. Haechan was eager to know if something had happened, but he could sense from her tone that she didn't want to talk about it and he didn't want to push her, so he simply replied, telling her that he was glad she was okay. The boy also thought that he should reassure her and decided to tell her that that he was there if she needed him.

Yujin, Nari, Jiah and Doyun were sitting at a table in the library, surrounded by books and papers. They had been studying for hours, but it felt like they were making no progress.

"I can't do this anymore," Yujin groaned, rubbing her eyes. "I'm so tired."

"I know, right?" Nari said, yawning. "I don't think I've slept properly in weeks."

"I just want this year to be over," Jiah said, flipping through a textbook. "I can't take it anymore."

Doyun chuckled. "You guys sound like you're about to drop out of university."

"Well, we might as well," Yujin said, throwing her hands up. "What's the point of all this studying if we're just going to be exhausted all the time?"

"I know it's tough, but we have to keep going," Doyun said, looking at them seriously. "We're almost at the end of the year, and then we'll be done with this shit. Just hang in there."

Yujin sighed. "You're right. I just need to get some sleep and then come back to this with a fresh mind."

"Same here," Nari said, nodding. "Actually, I think I'm going to take a nap in one of the study rooms."

"Good idea," Jiah said, closing her textbook. "I think I need a break too, so I'll go with you."

Doyun grinned. "I'll stay, I need to finish my essay. You guys go rest. What about you, Yujin?"

"I think I'm gonna go home, I'm done with my lectures anyways." she said and her friends nodded.

The girls smiled gratefully at their male friend and gathered their things. As they walked away, Yujin turned back and waved, "Bye, Doyun. By the way, you're a great friend. Thank you for always knowing what to say."

Doyun shrugged. "What are friends for?"

Yujin walked down the aisles, picking out fresh vegetables and fruits for the week. As she was lost in thought, she heard a familiar voice. She turned to her side and saw Haechan with another boy she didn't recognize. She suspected it was one of his members.

As she was looking at Haechan, their eyes met. Haechan waved at her, but seemed hesitant at first, before he checked if anyone else was around to see him. Jaemin noticed Haechan's strange behavior and asked what was going on. His friend just pointed at the girl and explained that Yujin was the friend he was talking about a few days ago to him and their other members.