Chapter 71 - A Request: The Sisterhood

...

I ran over to the Tea Party and gave their guards the document to give to Nagisa. Long story short, the Make-Up Work Club will officially begin in two weeks.

Though I'm still stuck in Trinity for that time. I'll have to text my 'harem' and tell them I'll be busy.

Afterwards, I ran back to the main cathedral to find Hinata waiting in the main hall, devoid of anyone else.

"I'm back." I call out.

"Great!" Hinata says, standing up from the pew she was sitting on. "I'm sorry for springing this on you in such short notice, Sensei."

"No worries, just tell me what you need help with." I say, waving her off.

"W-Well... Let me show you this first." She says, before picking something up off of the pew. A rather old, leather-bound book that was in a old wooden box. The gold detailing has faded and their are bits missing from the binding.

"Well, this thing's certainly seen better days." I comment.

"Indeed." Hinata nods. "It was discovered recently at a Trinity excavation site. It's a very important, historical scripture. It's being said that this book could allow for new interpretations of what was proclaimed at the Quinisext Council."

"Quinisext Council?" I ask, confused by the vaguely catholic word.

"Oh, I suppose you wouldn't know about it." Hinata realizes. "It was one of the many councils held long ago. The first of them, the First Council of Nicaea, was where the many branch schools gathered before they later became what is Trinity today."

Council of Nicaea? Isn't that the meeting where the bishops and stuff condemned Arianism a long time ago?

"So this is very important." I realize.

"That's an understatement." Hinata stresses. "This is a huge discovery that could change the very way the Sisterhood approaches learning the scriptures."

"Is that a good thing, though?" I ask.

"Yes! I'm sorry, maybe my explanation could have been better." The black haired girl says awkwardly. "It's great news, not only for the Sisterhood, but all of Trinity. Actually, in some ways, it feels like the entire academy is celebrating this book's discovery if anything. There are plans to hold a ceremony to celebrate the book's discovery. Sister Sakurako will be reading the first part of the scripture aloud there."

"It certainly sounds as though it's going to be big." I muse, smiling.

"Have you ever heard Sakurako speak the ancient language?" Hinata asks. Ancient language? I wonder if it's one from Earth. "She give such a soothing sermon. The event will be open to the rest of Trinity's student body as well, so we're doing everything in our power to make sure we're ready. That's what I wanted to talk to you about. I'd like for you to attend the event too."

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"I spoke to Mari after you left and she couldn't stop gushing about how nice of a person you are." Hinata says, causing me to be surprised a bit. "I know you certainly are very busy, but I wished to invite you nonetheless."

"Well, it certainly seems interesting. Plus, I've always been a sucker for history. I'll be there." I say, smiling. "Where's it gonna be at?"

"The event will take place tomorrow, at a large cathedral on the outskirts of campus." She explains. "It's large enough to hold hundreds of guests. They must have thought it would be the perfect setting for the reading of ancient scriptures. As for me, I'm in charge of looking after the book and delivering it to the cathedral before the event starts... Oh."