chapter 53

It was surprising that old Mr. Webster welcomed Janet in.

Looking at how calm Janet was, Nathaniel had mixed feelings.

“Mr. Webster, would you please wait here? Old Mr. Webster’s condition is not so good, and he can’t afford to be p*ssed off again.”

Albert was sensible. He didn’t want to see any conflict between Nathaniel and old Mr. Webster, so he emphasized old Mr. Webster’s poor condition, trying to let Nathaniel realize that Nathaniel had done some wrong.

“Thank you, Albert. I will.”

Lowering his head, Nathaniel became silent.

As soon as Janet stepped into the villa, she saw old Mr. Webster sitting on the huge balcony, the crystal coffee table in front of him had brewed fragrant tea, and the steam was slowly rising, while he was looking up at the starry sky.

Perhaps it was out of guilt, Janet felt that old Mr. Webster looked extremely lonely.

“Grandpa, how are you?”

Skillfully taking off the coat placed on the coat rack in the living room, Janet walked to old Mr. Webster’s side naturally and put

the coat on for him.

“It’s still a little cold at night. Don’t catch a cold.”

“I’m fine. Albert turned on the floor heater for me. It’s warm here.”

Old Mr. Webster reviewed a bright smile when he saw Janet. He waved at Janet and said, “Come here, Jill. I miss you.”

To be honest, Janet felt nervous when she saw old Mr. Webster again. After all, she and Nathaniel had divorced.

She didn’t speak and sat opposite old Mr. Webster.

Old Mr. Webster looked at Janet and then frowned, saying worriedly, “You have lost a lot of weight. Have you had meals regularly recently? Not used to eating outside?”

Old Mr. Webster was sophisticated.

He didn’t ask Janet if she couldn’t fit in the life after she left the Webster family. Instead, he cared about Janet’s health. In fact, he was indicating that the reason why Janet lost weight was that she left here.

“Sorry, I made you worried, grandpa.”

Janet lowered her head, holding the hot tea that old Mr. Webster handed her.

One could only taste this kind of tea in the Webster family.

“Well, all parents care about their kids. Nathaniel grew up under my protection. It was impossible for you to hide the divorce news from me. I knew about it through the news earlier, but unfortunately, I haven’t had a chance to contact you.”

Seeing how calm Janet looked, old Mr. Webster was not sure what Janet was thinking, so he cut to the point and brought up the divorce between Nathaniel and Janet.

“Thank you for caring about us, grandpa. I know what you mean, but Nathaniel and I have no future.”

Janet turned her head slightly and saw the wonderful flowers blooming in the courtyard under the moonlight. Somehow, she felt the impulse to cry.

“Why is there no future?”

Seeing Janet’s change, old Mr. Webster swung his cane anxiously. “I asked that brat why he divorced you, but he didn’t say

anything as if he was dumb. I wanted to see you today to get an answer. Tell me, why you divorced?”

Old Mr. Webster was anxious, and his voice suddenly became so loud that he choked. For a while, he coughed several times.