Arc 3, Chapter 10: Op Blind Citadel Part 2

Guard: We've gathered all barrels of oil we could find sir.

Lt. Chambers: Great, gather with the others at the ambush point

Guard 2: With respect sir, what is oil going to to those things?

Lt. Chambers: If I'm being honest not much, none of us are trained to deal with those things.

Guard 3: What about the wyverns? They can deliver 500 pound payload.

Lt. Chambers: They are not an option, only two places that can call them is the garrison and the royal castle, and we would get splattered by them if those guys don't get us first.

Guard 2: They really planned this, but why would they?

Lt. Chambers: I've been thinking that, they came from underground tunnels, no one can dig tunnels that fast so they had to have known about the Queen's address for a while.

Guard 3: That can't be, they are always announced hours before, they do that to prevent something from happening.

Guard 2: So there has to be a mole, that would be the only explanation.

Guard 3: But that doesn't explain the why, what is there to achieve?

Lt. Chambers: Clearly nothing good, but we can't do anything about it now, we'll find whoever is responsible after we are done with this.

Guard 4: Incoming beasts!

Lt. Chambers: Everyone to their positions! Let's get these bastards.

------

Peter: This is bad, it's already started.

They looked at the capital, several fires were visible around the city.

Arran: You hear that?

They listened to the air, distant echoes of explosions filled the air occasionally.

Peter: We aren't alone, they're here.

Lucas: Nice, just what we needed.

Minerva: So what exactly is the plan?

Arran: All we can do is meet up with what's left of the defenders and try to work together.

Minerva: That's it?

Arran: It's a start, you can't make a plan with limited information, shit they could all be dead and we are just walking into a trap.

Molotov: Well it's too late now, we are coming up on the wall.

After passing through the broken gate, Minerva, Peter, Ga1ahad, and Luna got off the towed wagon leaving Arran and Lucas.

Arran: You guys go get the queen, we'll give Molotov anti infantry support.

Peter: Take care guys.

Arran: You too Peter, we'll see each other later.

The Moskva began driving away, Peter looked at Arran and Lucas as they got farther away and disappeared around a corner.