39

Over the last six days I've met vampire, after vampire, after vampire.

Some grouchy and rude, some very kind and some that just, well ... continue to exist.

Meeting all of these ancients brings a certain pride to my heart at being listed under the same category: vampire.

If you were to tell me two years ago that my sister was going to die, I was going to change into a vampire, meet three vampire boys that would change my entire world and then a whole circle full, then to top it all off I'd be training to fight the man that 'killed' my 'vampire' friend's twin sister.

I probably would have cautiously walked away with the impression that you were on drugs.

However here I sit, drinking a glass of delicious scarlet liquid and indulging in a small bowl of potato salad.

This is my last meal before Nick comes with his circle tomorrow.

The fight that we have all been preparing for is only hours away.

I sit outside looking out at the small blue lake behind the cabin.

I sit with one leg dangling over the dock and brushing against the warm water, with the other against the railing.

"How are you doing?" I hear Nate ask, I look up to the three boys making there way towards me.

"I'm doing alright" I reply as they sit themselves down around me.

"Tomorrow's the big day" Reece states to no one in particular.

"Yes it is", I add glancing up at him.

His eyes lock with mine and I watch as an emotion crosses through them.

I look away and back out at the water.

I haven't brought up the kiss with Reece since it happened, he has been acting different but I've chosen to ignore it.

Not because I don't like him in that way but because I thought that I'd finally sorted my feelings out somewhat for Jordan.

I look up at Jordan, who's already looking down at me. He gives me a small smile before looking out at the water as well.

"It's getting late Lyd, you need sleep so that you're ready for tomorrow" Nate says, "yeah" I agree absently.

He stands up and reaches out for my hand and pulls me to my feet, "come on I'll walk you to your room".

I glance down at my phone 9:56pm.

I follow him to the cabin where dozens of vampires sit scattered in groups chatting away.

When we're out of sight from everyone he stops abruptly and turns to face me.

"Lydia what's going on?" "What do you mean?" I ask stubbornly.

"I know that you and I both know that your mind is almost completely absent right now. Normally I'd leave you to yourself but tomorrow isn't the time to be absent. It could cost you your life".

"Oh hell you're not going to kiss me too .... Are you?" I ask half jokingly.

"What?" He asks in a confused yet slightly amused voice.

"This absent thing is all Jordan and Reece's fault",

"What did they do?" He asks but from the glint in his eyes I can tell he already knows.

"First of all your brother is always everywhere, we have all these moments and he's taught me everything about vampirism and he himself brought me into this world ... and I just ... it's like there's this connection.

Then insert Reece he's all moody: when he's in a good mood he'll be all funny and cute. Then when he's in a bad mood he'll smoke and drink and say worrying things that make him an emotional mystery.

And girls love mysteries but they also love people like your brother ... and I just- I don't know" I ramble.

"Lydia this isn't a drama film, you don't have to pick between the two of them ... especially right now" he says simply.

"I know but they're both just so... I don't know pressuring?" At this he lets out a laugh.

"Well I'm not one to pick sides but I'm pretty great and well my brother has my DNA sooo ... you know he's probably pretty great too," Nate says jokingly.

"However Reece and I have been best mates for about a century and he's pretty great too sooo-" he pauses, "you know what? I'm starting to see where this whole absent minded-confusion thing is coming from they are both pretty great.

At this I lightly hit him over the head and start walking towards my room.

"Your no help at all" I state jokingly,

"I know but at least I'm eye candy" he replies with a wink.

I clutch my stomach in laughter, "hey Lydia?" He asks suddenly his tone changing.

"Yeah?" "Have you spoken with Elliot lately? I haven't seen her for a long time".

"This is awkward" I state instantly then automatically realize that I probably shouldn't have said that aloud.

"Why?" He asks instantly, "Is she alright?"

"Yeah we went to an archery lane to shoot some arrows and this girl a couple of lanes over got shot and bled out a lot" I explain, Nate's eyes widen "why didn't you tell anyone? Did you feed from her?"

"No I controlled my hunger, but she did see my canines, eyes and watched me rip open my wrist in order to feed her my blood which led to her healing but totally freaked Elliot out" I add.

"So what did she say after?" He asks.

"I kind of um..." "You kind of umm what?"

"I didn't stay to see what happened I just sort of left her there".

At that Nate walks towards the wall and slowly slams his head against it, "dammit Lydia that probably wasn't the best of ideas" he states under his breathe. I begin to worry that he's mad at me but when he turns to face me.

However instead of being faced with anger I take in his now proud expression.

"What?" I ask in confusion, "you" he states.

"You controlled your hunger on your own while standing beside a freaking open wound that is bloody fantastic".

"That was quite the pun" I mutter after his prideful statement.

"Yeah well they come to me naturally".

We arrive to my door; I twist the handle and step inside, "night Nate I'll see you tomorrow morning".

"I'll see you tomorrow morning champ have a good sleep" he replies and with that walks off.

______________________________________________________________

Authors Note:

Hey everyone, thanks for reading this far. This is a filler chapter for the next few to come.
What do you think about everything that's happened so far? Who's your favourite character?
Thanks for reading! Remember to vote if you liked the chapter and comment if you have anything to say :)