SO CLOSE YET SO FAR

----- Jessy *POV*

It was late afternoon in California, I can see the birds flying and the children playing in our garden. I got a call from New York. It was my cousin, Cherry. She wanted me to visit NY and have a vacation there with them. I heard over the phone that they're in place with loud music and many people around. She told me that they were at our friends house and having fun. When I heard that, it got me so excited to go there and so i didn't waste any minute to ask my mom and dad's permission to let me out. I packed my things up and I was so ready to go.

While I'm on my way to New York with my brother Joe, I was so crazy because i found myself smiling. Then i realized that it's all because I'm having a vacation again with my favorite people.

After an hour or two, we finally got to see the tall buildings, the bright lights and the empire state of New York. It makes me so excited to explore the city.

"oh god, I missed this place! Like.. What the fuck I'M HERE AGAIN"

After a minute, I got a call from Cherry. She asked me where are we and then someone at the back shouted out my name. I faced towards their direction and yeah it was Cherry with our cousins, Riley and Krish with their childhood friends, Enrique, Josh, Tony and Angelo.

I jumped over the excitement and they all gave me and my brother a warm hug. I felt awkward when Tony gave me one, because i know he has a crush on me since grade 1. They keep on teasing us until we drop the conversation and give them the reaction that they want. Yeah i wasn't able to control myself, I smiled. But I was just smiling and I find it not so malicious. But Tony gave them a giggle. Then i remember, i really hate him for always teasing me.

While walking along the city and searching for something interesting that we may do to have fun, I asked Cherry.

"Is that really the Tony I knew? He changed a lot. I remember, whenever he see me he always ruined my day and make way to get me out of my silent mode. And what happened now?"

She just simply said
"Come On Jessy, people change. And obviously, Tony changed for the better." And she gave me a wink and that evil smile i really hate.

In exploring New York the whole night, everybody got tired and wasted because we walked all over the place and just trippin' around, exchange laughs and funny thoughts and found ourselves so hungry. Because of that we have decided to go home and get some rest.

In exactly 12 midnight we came over Cherry's house. Actually it's our grandma's but they're the one staying there for a long time because grandma loves staying in Manhattan for a long long time and in the next door is our cousin's. Actually the whole village is ours. People who are living there are our relatives and some are the families of our friends, including Tony, Angelo, Enrique and Josh.

The next day, Cherry and I have decided to go out early in the morning, Joe was still at the next door because he always sleep there with our other guy cousins. When we got out, Riley, and Enrique were already having their hot chocolate and fluffy tasty for breakfast while staring at the skies and having a good talk. And of course we joined. After a minute, Tony came out with his eldet brother Angelo. As usual, everytime we see each other they keep on teasing us. And I just ignored them.

----- Tony *POV*

"Good morning guys!" As I said when i saw them outside and chilling out and enjoying the sun light. Of course there's this only one girl who always catches my attention even when she do nothing. I walked towards to her direction and i just simply greeted her a good morning and she just gave me an awkward smile. Yes, an awkward smile. Maybe she started feeling so awkward since last night when she came. Well I cannot blame her, after all the years that have passed of not seeing each other, of teasing her everyday and until last night i was so tounged out on her everytime I see her. God! She's always perfect. And now i can see her as a beautiful butterfly with her floral pajamas on and a white sleeveless. "damn this girl" I said to myself.