Chapter One: Water Woes

Standing at the edge of a dock, a pup prepared itself for the perfect dive. Looking down from the dock, the crystal clear ocean reflected anything in front of it, including the pup, who was entranced by the water below. The ocean reflected an image of a wide-eyed Dalmatian pup, who donned a child-like grin as he got into a downward dog position.

"Ready or not, I'm coming in hot!!"

The Dally tried to spring off of the dock, but unfortunately, one of his forepaws slipped in the process and sent him hurtling into the water with a small splash. This little slip-up caused the few onlookers of the dive attempt to burst out laughing.

Welcome to the sunny, often friendly town of Adventure Bay. If any of the citizens, or even the visitors of Adventure Bay could say one thing about the beloved town, it would be that it was nothing like any other place they had ever been. The first thing that many would notice was the absence of any type of structured emergency services. Instead, there was an emergency service. Singular.

A single team was in charge of every type of emergency service under the sun. Whether it be construction, firefighting, or even things like recycling, a single team managed to do it all. That team was the PAW Patrol.

Led by a ten year old boy, a team of pups took on the responsibility of handling Adventure Bay's problems, one paw at a time. Many have doubted the abilities of the team, but as of recently, after an incident in a neighboring city, Adventure City, the abilities and methods of the unorthodox team seemed to be questioned less and less.

A few bubbles came up from where the Dalmatian had splashed into before he emerged from the water, shaking salty water from his fur and giving a toothy grin, "I'm good!"

Meet Marshall, a very cheerful, energetic, big-hearted, Dalmatian. And, as you might've guessed by that little slip on the deck, he wasn't exactly the most coordinated of pups. Despite that, Marshall was very trusted by his owner, Ryder. Being one of two pups on the team with multiple professions, being both a firefighter and an EMT, his usual clumsy antics were nothing but little quirks of his that would hopefully not overlap with his job... Again.

"Love the form, dude! Keep it up!" A Chocolate Labrador called out from the shore, standing an odd distance away. The brown pup then turned around and began walking further from the ocean. Upon a quick inspection of the beach, he finally spotted another pup, smiling brightly.

The pup, who was laying on a green towel far from the ocean, didn't notice as the Chocolate Lab approached him.

Laying on the towel was a gray, mixed breed named Rocky. Often regarded as the most intelligent pup on the team, Rocky served as the eco and recycling pup of the PAW Patrol. But there was something different about him. He wasn't like his friends. He loved playing and having fun with the pups, but for some reason, he preferred to be on his own more than he liked being with his friends. He didn't hate them, he could never! He didn't exactly know why, but that was just how he was. But that wasn't exactly the reason why he wasn't with his friends. There was always the fact that he did not exactly enjoy being around anything water-related.

"Still don't want to get near the water, Rocky?"

He looked up, seeing the Chocolate Lab standing over him. He was standing just in the way of the sunlight, giving the outline of his body, as well as the chocolate fur on the edges of his body to glisten in the light. Rocky's pupils seemed to dilate for a moment, his eyebrows raising. as his eyes slowly drifted from the Chocolate Lab's paws, all the way up to his kind, smiling face.

"...Huh...?" He asked, his voice going slightly higher in octave.

"C'mon, dude. You don't have to be that far."