Loki - Attention

A/N: I'll be nice. One non-sad imagine request. And by the way, running low on requests. Which puts the closing of this book ever nearer.

***

It had been a long day. Working two part-time jobs was already hard enough, but having both on the same day plus having to take home paperwork? Not your idea of a peaceful evening.

So there you were, filling out tax forms and managed estate plannings, slaving away on your laptop. You didn't hear the front door open an hour later, nor a person calling your name and walking up the stairs. You didn't even react when your bedroom door opened; all you knew you had to do was type, and the faster you did that, the faster you could get some sleep.

Loki watched you for a moment, wondering if you were ever going to look up, before speaking. "And good evening to you, dear."

"Mhm." He places his scepter on its rack, hanging on the wall, before starting to make his way to you.

"We encountered Thanos today," he says.

"Mhm," you reply, not giving him the slightest attention. He folds his arms.

"And we won."

"That's nice."

"Are you even listening to me?" When you don't answer, he storms out, surrendering his hands in the air.

It's a long time before Loki comes back, a tray of food in his hands. If you were watching, you would have chuckled; normally, making food would require a groan from him, but to also bring it up to you would have been shameful. Standing in the doorway, Loki holds up the meal.

"I have dinner."

"Okay." But you still don't budge. Growing annoyed, he sets it down on your dresser and sits next to you on the bed. Looking over your shoulder, he is disgusted by all the numbers.

"And why do you continue to torture yourself?"

"To pay the bills and put food on the table." He watches you for a bit, rapidly typing at the computer, before nudging his head against you, snuggling into your back and the crook of your neck. Seeing that his touches aren't working, he starts to peck your shoulder, traveling up your neck, to your ear, up to your temple, and down to your cheek.

"Loki—" you get out, but he gets to your lips. You turn to him, but your eyes remained glued to the screen. Efforts to pull back from him are in vain; he holds your head close to him.

"Loki, I'm working," you get out, pausing between each word because he won't let up.

"You've ignored me quite enough. Now it's time you ignored this nonsensical work." He closes the laptop screen, making you snap your head around.

"Hey!"

"Now, can we focus on something worthwhile and fulfilling?"

"You selfish, insolent—" you get out before he shuts you up with another kiss, this time, holding you by the waist. After a moment, you give in, wrapping your arms around his neck.

"Now let's try this again," Loki growls in your ear. "We encountered Thanos. And we won."

"If you had told me earlier, I would have prepared something special for you when you came home." Smiling against your skin, he nips at your neck, underneath your chin, making you take in a sharp breath.

"All I need is you."