Boss (mature)

- "Good morning, boss!" a young girl greeted Katsumi when she entered the room.

The girl was a few years younger that Katsumi, she had long blonde hair braided in a long ponytail,  and she was always smiling. Her presence was bringing joy and calmness in the office, all the employees like her positive attitude. The main reason why Katsumi hired her was because the girl was reminding her of Emma, her deceased sister. 

- "Hi, Sara!" Katsumi greeted her warmly smiling. "Sara, dear, I told you countless times to not call me boss."

- "But boss, you are the boss." 

Katsumi laughed and patted her head. They chit chatted for a bit.

- "Oh, shoot! I forgot!" Sara said slapping her forehead. "There is a man waiting for you in your office."

- "A man?" Katsumi asked sceptically. "I'm not expecting anyone today. Did he introduced himself?"

- "Oh, yeah, I have his name somewhere here." The girl said while checking some of the papers from her desk. "Found it! His name is Ran Haitani."

Katsumi looked at her puzzled wondering why was the oldest of the Haitani brothers visiting her. 

- "He told me that you said not to notify the system of his presence" Sara continued.

- "Yeah, you did well." Katsumi said pensively.

- "Is there something wrong, boss?" Sara asked concerned.

- "No, I just forgot that he was visiting today."

- "Boss, is he your boyfriend?" Sara asked curiously.

- "No, Sara, he is an old business partner." Katsumi whispered to her employee.

Sara looked at her scared. She and Katsumi were colleagues in middle school and she knew about Toman and that Katsumi was one of their vice-leaders, the twin sister of the infamous Toman's leader, Mikey. Katsumi instructed her that old business partner  meant someone from a gang other that Toman, while old business friend meant someone from Toman. It was the first time someone from a gang visited Katsumi. 

When Katsumi created her company 5 years ago, she decided to keep her involvement with the gangs a secret, but when she hired Sara who obviously knew about her implication in Toman, she decided to instruct the young receptionist about what to do in case someone from her past live was visiting.

- "Shall I start the fire drill?" Sara whispered.

- "There is no need for this, but block the doors of this level. No one enters or leaves." Katsumi said and introduced a code on a panel on the wall. "If one of my employees asks about the restrictions, tell them there is a system fault and someone will be here shortly to fix it." 

- "Yes, boss."

- "I will deal with this partner." Katsumi said and went to her office. 

Before the entrance to her office, there was an antechamber where her secretary had her office. If someone wanted to enter her office, they would have at first to get registered by her secretary and wait until Katsumi allowed them to enter her office. Even more, she was a surveillance camera installed in her secretary office in order to see who was there. There were many years since Toman was disbanded, but she feared that someone of their old enemies will try to harm her even now. He secretary, Misa, was safe because in case of an emergency her desk would give her cover until Katsumi would have time to storm off her office and fight the intruder.

She blamed herself for arriving so late that day in the office. The night before, Katsumi met with Mitsuya to catch up with his fashion designer career and to ask him to design a new suit for her. All of her suits, including the one that she was wearing were designed by Mitsuya. Usually the suit consists in a pair of smart-casual trousers, a jacket, a white or black shirt and a white, black or red tie.