Chapter 4 Attitude

Sun Aiju was almost frantic, "What about it, village chief? How come you can't do the math on this? Yes, Su Junyan gave an extra hundred yuan, but Shen Lie has a higher rank and salary than him. He'll earn back that hundred yuan in less than two months."

"This money is hard-earned, not easy to come by. I heard that it's not very peaceful over in the South China Sea. Who knows, Shen Lie might be going to the battlefield soon," Ning Weiguo said. "Do you want our daughter to be a widow?"

Sun Aiju rolled her eyes, "If you don't have an education (I don't know how to make this phrase better), it's not called being a widow, it's called being a martyr's widow. Yes, it's not peaceful in the South China Sea, but we can't guarantee that there will be a war for sure. Even if there is, I don't regret my daughter marrying a soldier who defends our country."

After finishing speaking, Sun Aiju even clicked her tongue and criticized Ning Weiguo, "Why are you so backward in your thinking?"

Ning Tang used a pair of tongs to take out the sweet potatoes from the stove, peeled them while watching Sun Aiju and Ning Weiguo argue with relish.

Sun Aiju looked at Ning Tang, who was afraid of getting burned and struggling to peel the sweet potatoes while touching her ears with her hands. She grumpily took the sweet potato from her hand and helped her peel it. "Children are really a burden. Your brother is already in his thirties and still not married. As for you, we are discussing your marriage, but you don't seem to care at all, just listening to jokes like this."

Ning Tang took the peeled sweet potato from Sun Aiju, blew on it to cool it down, and took a big bite, speaking unclearly, "I am listening, aren't I?"

Ning Weiguo squatted on the ground, smoking one cigarette after another. When the room was filled with white smoke, he also made up his mind, "Then let's choose Shen Lie."

"Exactly," Sun Aiju said with satisfaction.

Ning Tang was not like what Sun Aiju was thinking, who was not paying attention and only eating. She observed Shen Lie and Su Junyan almost thoroughly during this meal.

What Ning Tang saw was Shen Lie taking the plate that Ning Xue couldn't hold and helping to set up the dishes and utensils. Sun Aiju also noticed it.

Sun Aiju's good impression of Shen Lie was rising rapidly in her heart.

"What's wrong with a man who's full of energy like this? Besides, their little daughter doesn't do housework or work, so she needs someone like Shen Lie who can work.

When a couple is living together, they need to complement each other.

Ning Tang is already lazy and greedy, so if she's paired up with someone who's just as lazy and doesn't work, how will the couple survive? It's better for them to both die and hang a big cake around their necks, whoever eats it first dies first.

Ning Guo also thought of Ning Tang's inability to cook, and couldn't help but mutter, "Our daughter doesn't know how to cook, what will they eat after they get married?"

Ning Tang blinked her eyes, "So, before they get married, nobody in his family eats? How come they didn't starve to death?"

After a night of discussion, both families had almost made up their minds.

The next morning, Ning Weiguo and Ning Weidang had a conversation, and they were pleased to hear that the two families had chosen different people.

With the bride's side settled, they now had to consider the groom's side.

After breakfast, Ning Weidang's family pulled Su Junyan into the house and discussed the details of the marriage.

It's unclear what they discussed, but judging from the happy smile on Su Junyan's face when he walked out of the house and the shy expression on Ning Xue's face, it must have been a good discussion.