Chapter 4

Its been 3 days since our last encounter. She was actively avoiding, and today Im putting a stop to it. I just needed to figure out how permanently. Every time I went to say to her, she would book it into a different direction. 

By the time I finally thought of something, and got the janitor on my side (Which didnt take much convincing to be honest). Her class was about to be over. I waited patiently at the back of the school. This has to work, it was her last class of the day. 

The door opened beside me. Her long black tucked behind the black hoodie she wore everyday. I hated that hoodie, I wanted her hair to be free, her face and your body to be visible to my eyes. I hated that she hid away all the time. I hated that it was probably because of her father. 

"Asher..." she inhaled sharply as the janitor closed and locked the door behind him, retreating back inside away from us. I knew hed keep his mouth shut, he was a very loyal man to my father. 

"Finally." I grabbed her hand and headed towards the woods. We needed to be away from prying eyes, away from her uncle. She didnt say a single word, just followed in silence. I could feel her gaze burning a hole in the back of my hair. My golden brown hair would probably catch on fire if she was a witch. I tightened my hold on my hand. Afraid if I let go she would run in the opposite direction of me. 

If she did try to run away, I was pretty well a foot taller than her. Catching up to her would take all of 2 steps. She was a small thing, possibly due to a life of abuse. I clenched my jaw at the thought of him hitting her. I would absolutely rip his heart out and shove it down his throat for what he has done to her. 

I took her to a calm and peaceful little lake. It wasnt far from the school. Most students would sneak her for a smoke or to skip class. I scoped the area to make sure we were alone. I didnt hear or see or even smell a single soul here. Once I knew it was safe for us to be here without being seen, I sat on one of he big boulders. She remained standing and just stared at me. 

"Stop avoiding me." I whispered. It had pained me the last 3 days watching her go in the opposite direction every time Ive gotten close to her. It made my wolf want to scream to the moon for forgiveness. 

"I cant." She spoke softly and slowly. Keeping her eyes on me, watching my every move. Like she was trying to keep an eye on me for any sudden movement I may make. Was she afraid of me? Or afraid of her feelings for me? 

"If its because of your father and uncle then the only answer would be to move in with me." I met he gaze to catch her reaction. A triumph smirk appeared on my face, it was the exact reaction I wanted from her. I pushed her head down to release that beautiful long black hair of hers. It felt as if silk would, but only softer. 

"I cant." her voice was weak and sad. If I wasnt a wolf then I wouldnt have heard a single word that she said. 

"Will you think about it before shutting the idea out? I can protect you, my family can protect you. Your 20 years old Sarah, why keep letting him control you?" my frustration became clear in my voice. I was getting more and more desperate to get her away from that man. If he abused her mother, I dont even want to imagine what he was doing to her. "You dont have to room with me, you will have your own room. And you can roam the house as freely as you want." I urged in desperation. 

"I dont even know where you live." She whispered, turning her eyes away from mine. I wanted to stare into those bright green eyes forever, it made me a little sad when he stopped looking at me. 

"Well, lets change that. Meet me down the road at the diner and Ill get my car from the school." I smiled offering her my hand as if we were making an agreement.