Ebony Star: Chapter One. Eye Candy

***AUTHOR's Note*** I decided to dedicate this Book to wattpad author xXdemolitionloverXx for inspiring me to put my imagination down on paper. Go check out all of her amazing stories if your the only lame on wattpad who hasn't. JK. Hope I do her proud.

Chapter One.

Shit,” Jerra screamed as the box of her grandmother’s china fell on her foot. She quickly removed her foot running to her purse to retrieve her pocket knife. She cut open the box, breathing a sigh of relief. She was so caught up in the precious china; she didn’t realize she had broken her big toe.

“Buzz, Buzz, Buzz,” she hopped to the door to see the mover’s backing the truck with the furniture in the drive way. “Hello mam.” The truck driver greeted her in her door way. “Hi, she extended her hand. The man welcomed her shake holding her hand longer than normal. “So, I see you have my furniture.” Jerra said sliding her hand from the tight hold. “Yes” the driver said a little embarrassed. “I’m looking for a Jerrica Jacobs?” “That’s me.” “Just sign this paper work mam and tell me where u want it.”

“Just put it here in the living room, it’ll be fine.” While Jerra signed the paper the man didn’t hesitate to take in Jerra incredible frame. She looked about a 36, 24, 38 the man thought to himself…. Her skin was a light caramel tone, she had curvaceous hips, her face was of an angel and her green eyes with flakes of hazel was enough to charm anyone. Meanwhile, Jerra pain was sinking in, BIG TIME!! She hurried and gave the man the paperwork took her receipt and close the door, giving the mover no time to sweet talk her.

Three hours later……

Jerra could see the sun setting thru her blinds in her living room. She sat on a box in the middle of the floor and felt proud of herself. She still had a lot to go but she accomplished a lot being that it was just her unpacking. She sent a quick text to her bestie thanking her for talking her through wrapping her big toe, (Thank God for friends in the medical field.) she thought to herself. She popped an 800 Ibroprophen to ease some of the pain. She didn’t want to spend her 1st night in Idaho Falls in the Emergency Room and didn’t want to spend it at home alone either. Jerra was only 20 and moved crossed country from Savannah GA to Idaho Falls, Idaho to take a position as a news anchor. The position was offered to her fresh out of college. The money was good, the benefits were even better; so she left her family, friends, and everything she knew to start a new life of her own.

Scrolling through her urban spoon app on her blackberry she found the perfect restaurant. “Snake Bite- Steakhouse, American, Burgers. Sounds Perfect. Oh, free wi-fi.” Jerra was sold. The restaurant closed at 9pm it was 6. Enough time to take a quick shower put on something decent and walk out the door.

At 7:16p.m. Jerra was driving out of her apartment complex. She opted for some indigo blue skinny jeans a cream long sleeve v neck sweater and some 4 in brown boots giving her short 5’5 height a boost. She put her hair up into a neat bun, something quick, simple, and cute. It didn’t take Jerra long at all to pull up to the restaurant she got out making sure to grab her kindle fire so she could surf the web if eating alone became to awkward. “Table for one please.” “Would you prefer to sit at the bar since you’ll be dining alone, the wait for a table is about 25mins.” Said the hostess. “You know what the bar would actually be great, thank you.” This way she didn’t have to focus on dining alone Jerra thought to herself. On the way to the bar Jerra passed by a party of about 8 sitting at the table joking and laughing. It was about 5 guys and 3 women. Eye Candy, Jerra thought about the men as she passed. “Here you go enjoy your meal at Snake Bite, the bartender can take your order.” And with that the blond hair blued eyed hostess went back up front.