𝑪𝒂𝒏𝒂𝒗𝒂𝒓

Applause flooded the room. I hadn't realized I was holding my breath until I nearly passed out. Elaine wrapped her arms around, happily jumping up and down. "You did it! Everyone likes your speech!"

Jamie gaped. "You wrote that?"

"You don't have to sound so shocked!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, it's just- that was amazing!" Jamie exclaimed. "Way more than I would've expected from you. I guess you're just really passionate about the wolves, huh?" she added questioningly.

I smiled. "I guess so."

Someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around. Aster wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a tight hug. "I was here for the whole thing," he murmured into my hair. "I'm so proud of you. That speech was amazing."

Elaine beamed. "Wasn't it? Ohh the kids are going to be so proud!"

Aster smiled. "I'm proud of him."

I blushed as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders, giving me a side hug. I didn't deserve hi at all. He should've been so mad at me for possibly ruining their life, but here he was supporting me. I just hoped that my speech did something, or I wasn't sure what I would do. I turned to Jamie and Adam. Adam had his head tilted backwards to look the whole man up and down. "Guys, this is Aster. My friend I've been telling you about."

Aster brought his mouth close to my ear. "Friend, huh? I might have to punish you for that one~" he whispered seductively. I waved him away.

Jamie smirked. "No wonder you've been hanging out with him so much."

"Jamie!" I flushed. "Not everything has to be about sex."

She shrugged innocently. "Hey, you said it, not me."

Adam shook his head. "Can't believe you got a dilf. What about me, huh? I want a hot, muscular man to rail me."

Aster blinked, startled. "Your friends are... quite open, about their bedroom lives," he mused.

I groaned. "You guys... tone it down, please?"

Jamie gave me a big thumbs up. Adam tapped  his chin. "Only if you tell me what store you got the beefcake from. I want one of my own for later tonight. Deal?" He held out his hand. I rolled my eyes and shook it quickly. 

Aster rubbed my shoulder. "I couldn't believe that you wrote all that for us- er, the wolves in the forest. I'm so glad that you love them as much as Elaine and I do. Does this mean that you'll... visit more often?" he questioned. My smile faltered. He was asking if I would stick with the pack, or stay here.

I bowed my head. "Let's wait and see what happens, okay?" I murmured.

Aster nodded. "Right, sorry."

I planted a swift kiss on his shoulder that my friends couldn't see. "It's fine."

The sheriff tapped his gavel again. "Alright everybody! Quick recess, and then we'll hear from a few more people. The newspaper will be out next Sunday, so if you choose to leave now the minutes will be there."

Aster grabbed my hand. "Come with me. I want to spend as much time as possible with you before Sunday." His eyes were earnest.

"Why don't we all hang out? We could go to the coffee shop or something," Jamie suggested.

Elaine clapped her hands. "Oo, yeah! Anything to get away from the kids for a little bit longer. They've been driving me insane.

Jamie started walking towards the stairs, Elaine following. "I could come and help you babysit if you wanted! I could use a bit of experience with kids before college. I'm going to be a psychiatrist, and I'll probably work with a lot of little ones and blah blah blah..." Her voice faded away.

I was glad they were getting along. I turned to Aster. "Don't you want to go with them?"

Aster smiled sadly for a moment. "Yeah. Let's go."