[5] 𝐌𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐋𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐝: 𝙃𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙚𝙩'𝙨 𝙉𝙚𝙨𝙩

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

"Where were you?!"

Yue gasped, staggering backward only to bump into Fēn, who magically appeared behind her. Quivering, she looked back in front. 

The Eternal creatures are no longer there and now she's back in the crowded streets. They vanished into thin air along with the man who gave her the tattoo—no! It's a mark. 

He even left a mysterious box in her hands, saying it'll give her good luck in her journey as long as she doesn't open it. All of those, after telling her she has been chosen to be the Guardians' representative to travel into the underworld.

"A-Are you okay?" Fēn asked again when she noticed Yue's pale face. 

"Have you seen the man?"

"What man?"

"The man who gave me the tattoo?"

Fēn suddenly fell out of words and spaced out, trying to unravel what she was saying. 

Eventually, Yue gave up. She can't be talking to Fēn in public as she's not visible to the naked eye, and people are now looking at her as if she's losing her mind.

"Forget it," she softly hissed. "Can we go home now?"

Fēn shrugged to agree. Yue ain't feeling well and she knows for a fact that it's because of the box she was holding and the Yin-Yang mark on her wrist. 

As the Guardian of the Lost Souls, Fēn knows what they are for, and that they're only given to the individuals who were chosen by the Eternals to help a demon and an angel. For what? That's something only the chosen will perceive at the right time.

The moment Yue got back in the meadows, she stared at the box. The thing was placed in between the Weeping Willow's enormous roots and she couldn't help but wonder what was inside of it.

"Should I get bad luck if I open this?" She asked herself and gently sat down on the soft grass. "Or am I just being tested? Either way, I don't care."

Her eyes dropped to the mark on her wrist. "Chosen, huh? Me? Or maybe the gods and goddesses had already found out I traveled back in time, and this is just a trap for me to be sealed? Is this thing capable of doing so?"