A Return

Another pen rolled off the table. "Dammit." Y/n leaned down and picked it up, this time firmly holding it down. Her and Leanne had already spent their breakfast working and then some more hours going over ideas for the wedding. It never occurred to her how much detail could go into a country style wedding but leave it to her cousin to be precise and picky. Not that she could blame her, if it was her day she'd want it perfect too.

"You want to take a break?"

Her mind screamed yes but y/n shook her head no. She couldn't break her heart, besides, she made a promise to help her. "I'm okay." A glossy light reflected in the corner of her eyes. "Oh!!" She growled snatching the pen before it fell over once more. Leanne couldn't help but chuckle. "Hush." Y/n pursed her lips. Her arms crossed over her chest as she focused on the list, her grip growing stronger around that stupid ink vault.

"You said you wanted some bright light florals? Did you want something like white flowers with bright colorful ones to pop?"

"I was thinking something cute. Baby's breath, lavender, yellow tulips." She rambled off.

Her fingers scribbled over the notepad like mad. The top she named it Floral and listed under her favorites and ideas. The table was littered with disorganized notes labeling table decorations, catering, drinks, guest seating, and a list of names prepared for thank you cards.

A loud ring woke them up and Leanne almost fell from her chair in a panic. "The hell." She picked up her phone and her eyes widened. "Hey! How are you? Uh huh, can you give me one moment Ba-Uh huh, thank you." Leanne covered the phone. "I have a few phone calls to make, go see if one of the guys need help."

"What about the table?"

"I'll clean it." She waved her to go ahead and leave as she sprinted into the kitchen with a few whispered exchanges.

"Don't have to tell me twice." Y/n muttered. She stretched her arms back and stood up. Wandering over to the window, she drew back the curtain and smiled. Sure, she loved her cousins but there was someone else she knew she'd rather work with.

Y/n swung open the door. "Holler if you need anything Leanne!" The door closed behind her with a loud rattle. Pass the barn was another tall building. She stepped into the side door and was greeted with a line of corpses. "Huh." She pushed the racks of meat and looked them up and down. "Not bad." The door clicked behind her loudly. She took another step and felt a fan begin to hit her with cold air. "So much better" Her body relaxed for a moment, enjoying the cool breeze. "Oh and that smell." Y/n wandered out of the room, following the scent of smoked meat. The next room was a cold area with boxes piled high. "Hello?" She leaned over one of the boxes and read aloud the tag. "Jalepeno Cheese sticks, 2 pounds-Oh my god, I forgot about these!!!"

"Leanne? Is that you?" A voice called out. 

She followed the voice into the butchering station which smelled less pleasant. The room was stainless steel and an array of butchering equipment plastered the walls. Cleaves, bone saws, bone knives, breaking knives, hooks, and a box full of casings. "Huh, thought Leanne was here for a second, should've known you'd get nosy."

"Striker," Y/n turned her head, smiling. "Leanne told me to check on you and make sure you were doing you're job right."

"Somehow I doubt that." She walked up behind him and glanced at the table. Strips of the pigs bones and intestines laid down off to the side while he removed more meat. It actually looked nice. "What would you know about butchering anyway?"

"I used to work here remember?" She gave him a nudge and bent down, opening the cabinets from under the table. Same old system, just like she remembered it. She picked up the glove box and started to slip them on. "There's no way Vince let you do this part of the job."